Complete with descriptive illustrations, this useful resource offers essential information, guidelines, and cautionary advice on building projects for churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, and spaces for religious education.
- Covers issues such as consensus-based decision making, site selection, renovation, and code compliance.
- Gain insight into working closely with parishioners during the decision making process, incorporating iconography, and the emotional impact of space.
Order your copy today!
|Series:||Building Type Basics Series , #6|
|Product dimensions:||7.80(w) x 9.52(h) x 0.83(d)|
Table of Contents
Preface (S. Kliment).
1. The Significance and Qualities of Worship Spaces.
2. Project Team and Process.
3. Unique Design Concerns.
4. Site Selection and Planning.
5. Public Agency Approval.
6. Sustainable Design (F. Cousins and M. Murosky).
7. Structural Systems (B. Gibbons, et al.).
8. Mechanical Systems (F. Cousins and M. Murosky).
9. Electrical and Communications Systems (S. Done and J. Phillips).
10. Special Equipment.
12. Acoustic and Audiovisual Considerations (D. Paoletti and S. Milsom).
13. Lightning Design (F. Krahe and P. Butler).
14. Furniture, Fixtures, and Artwork.
15. Wayfinding, Graphics, and Signage.
16. Historic Renovation.
17. International Challenges.
18. Operation and Maintenance.
19. Key Cost Factors.
20. Sources of Finance.
Bibliography and References.