No-nonsense lessons on what it takes to build a successful business.
"If you are an entrepreneur or owner with a burning desire to do better, this is one book you need to get." - Small Business Trends
Tom Golisano understands the fears, risks, and challenges small-business owners face every day—he’s lived it. He has launched and grown his own highly successful businesses and mentored dozens of entrepreneurs, helping them build their own successful companies.
Built, Not Born shows readers:
- How going against the grain can be a great strategy for finding business opportunities and why it pays to question conventional wisdom.
- Why the pregnant pause can be an effective weapon in negotiations and when interviewing potential employees.
- Why a prenuptial or even a postnuptial agreement is critical to any business owner.
- What potential buyers and funding sources look for, and the best way to present a business plan.
- And finally, the key growth and leadership strategies that have helped Paychex sustain its incredible level of growth and profitability.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Tom Golisano—entrepreneur, philanthropist, civic leader, and former owner of the Buffalo Sabres NHL team—is the founder and chairman of the Board of Paychex, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, New York, with more than 15,500 employees and 100 office locations nationwide. Still active in business and philanthropy, he currently mentors the entrepreneurs who run the businesses in which he has invested, and he also oversees his family’s charitable foundation. To date he has donated over $250 million to a wide range of charitable causes, including educational institutions, children’s hospitals, and especially organizations working with people who have developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Mike Wicks is an award-winning author, collaborator, and senior writer at Kevin Anderson & Associates. He has managed several multimillion-dollar government programs, rebranded towns and regions, written economic development and tourism strategies, and created sponsorship programs for major not-for-profits. Wicks is also a well-regarded trainer, facilitator, and speaker whose clients have included national banks and multinational insurance corporations. Wicks has written and collaborated on over twenty books, e-books, and training manuals. Fire from the Sky: A Diary Over Japan won a silver medal for best military memoir of 2005, awarded by the Military Writers Society of America. He’s a foodie, so when he’s not writing he can be found in his kitchen preparing a gourmet meal.