CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide / Edition 1 available in Other Format
CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide is a best-of-breed Cisco exam study guide that focuses specifically on the objectives for the CCNA Security Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) 210-260 exam. Cisco Security experts Omar Santos and John Stuppi share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide presents you with an organized test-preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes open each chapter and enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. A list of official exam topics makes referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
The companion CD-ROM contains the powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test engine that enables you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams. The assessment engine also tracks your performance and provides feedback on a chapter-by-chapter basis, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most. The CD also contains 90 minutes of video training on CCP, NAT, object groups, ACLs, port security on a Layer 2 switch, CP3L, and zone-based firewalls.
Well regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/index.html.
The official study guide helps you master all the topics on the CCNA Security Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) 210-260 exam, including
· Security concepts and threats
· Implementing AAA using IOS and ISE
· Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
· VPN technology and cryptography
· IP security
· Implementing IPsec site-to-site VPNs
· Implementing SSL remote-access VPNs using Cisco ASA
· Securing Layer 2 technologies
· Network Foundation Protection (NFP)
· Securing the management, data, and control planes
· Understand, implement, and configure Cisco firewall technologies
· Cisco IPS fundamentals
· Mitigation technologies for e-mail, web-based, and endpoint threats
The CD-ROM contains two free, complete practice exams and 90 minutes of video training.
Includes Exclusive Offer for 70% Off Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7, or Windows 8; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client; Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent); 512MB RAM; 650MB disk space plus 50MB for each downloaded practice exam; access to the Internet to register and download the exam databases
Category: Cisco Press–Cisco Certification
Covers: CCNA Security 210-260
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Omar is an active member of the security community, where he leads several industrywide initiatives and standards bodies. His active role helps businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants that are dedicated to increasing the security of the critical infrastructure.
Omar is the author of several books and numerous white papers, articles, and security configuration guidelines and best practices. Omar has also delivered numerous technical presentations at many conferences and to Cisco customers and partners, in addition to many C-level executive presentations to many organizations.
John Stuppi, CCIE No. 11154 (Security), is a technical leader in the Cisco Security Solutions (CSS) organization at Cisco, where he consults Cisco customers on protecting their network against existing and emerging cybersecurity threats. In this role, John is responsible for providing effective techniques using Cisco product capabilities to provide identification and mitigation solutions for Cisco customers who are concerned with current or expected security threats to their network environments. Current projects include helping customers leverage DNS and NetFlow data to identify and subsequently mitigate network-based threats. John has presented multiple times on various network security topics at Cisco Live, Black Hat, and other customer-facing cybersecurity conferences. In addition, John contributes to the Cisco Security Portal through the publication of white papers, security blog posts, and cyber risk report articles. Before joining Cisco, John worked as a network engineer for JPMorgan and then as a network security engineer at Time, Inc., with both positions based in New York City. John is also a CISSP (#25525) and holds an Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) professional certification. In addition, John has a BSEE from Lehigh University and an MBA from Rutgers University. John lives in Ocean Township, New Jersey (a.k.a. the “Jersey Shore”) with his wife, two kids, and dog.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Networking Security Concepts
- Chapter 2 Common Security Threats
- Chapter 3 Implementing AAA in Cisco IOS
- Chapter 4 Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Chapter 5 Fundamentals of VPN Technology and Cryptography
- Chapter 6 Fundamentals of IP Security
- Chapter 7 Implementing IPsec Site-to-Site VPNs
- Chapter 8 Implementing SSL VPNs Using Cisco ASA
- Chapter 9 Securing Layer 2 Technologies
- Chapter 10 Network Foundation Protection
- Chapter 11 Securing the Management Plane on Cisco IOS Devices
- Chapter 12 Securing the Data Plane in IPv6
- Chapter 13 Securing Routing Protocols and the Control Plane
- Chapter 14 Understanding Firewall Fundamentals
- Chapter 15 Implementing Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewalls
- Chapter 16 Configuring Basic Firewall Policies on Cisco ASA
- Chapter 17 Cisco IDS/IPS Fundamentals
- Chapter 18 Mitigation Technologies for E-mail-Based and Web-Based Threats
- Chapter 19 Mitigation Technologies for Endpoint Threats
- Chapter 20 Final Preparation
- Appendix A Answers to the “Do I Know This Already?” Quizzes
- Appendix B CCNA Security 210-260 (IINS) Exam Updates
- On the CD
- Appendix C Memory Tables
- Appendix D Memory Tables Answer Key
- Appendix E Study Planner