Originally published in 1647, Christian Astrology is a guide to horary astrology, in which astrological charts are created to answer specific questions based on place and exact time. Written by the foremost astrologer in the 1600s, it is still considered an authority on the subject today. This version is a complete combined edition; it was originally published by Cosimo in three separate volumes. Topics include:
- the characteristics and motions of the "seven" planets
- how to cast a horary horoscopes
- how to know whether events predicted will come to pass
- how to interpret questions on specific subjects, such as longevity, wealth, and marriage
- what is signified by such aspects as the querent's face and hair color
- how to interpret infirmities of the body
- the importance of the questioner's religion
- and much more!
Readers interested in the history of the paranormal, as well as contemporary fans of astrology, will find this a fascinating book.
WILLIAM LILLY (1602-1681) was the most prominent English astrologer of the 17th century-he supposedly predicted the Great Fire of London of 1666 fourteen years before the event. He was a trusted advisor of numerous politicians and soldiers and an influential player in the English Civil War on the anti-royal Roundhead factions.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 1.96(d)|