- Will the black vote control the 2020 election?
- Do black lives really matter?
- After the Obama presidency, are black people better off?
- Are stereotypical images of people of color changing in Hollywood?
- How is "Black Girl Magic" changing the face of black America?
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Grand Central Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Author's Note vii
1 What's Going On? 1
The State of Black America
2 Obama 15
3 Trump 35
Make America Hate Again
4 Stay Woke … and Stay Active 51
The New Black Voting Muscle
5 It's the General's War … but the Soldier's Blood 69
The Changing Face of Black Leadership
6 "Some Things Make Change … Other Things Just Make Noise." 95
7 Stand Up, Black Men, Stand Up! 125
Black Men Struggling in America-and How to Help Them
8 Black Girl Magic 141
Empowering Black Women Today
9 "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste" 153
Correcting Our Miseducation
10 "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems?" 175
The Economics of Being Black and Buying Black
11 The Madea Dilemma 201
Black Representation in Entertainment and the Media
12 Am I Black Enough for Ya? 223
13 Conclusion: The New Narrative 237
About the Author 245
About the Contributors 249