New for the Revised Edition!
The new ECERS-R has been expanded to 43 items and includes many improvements that will make this widely used resource even more valuable to early childhood educators. Examples of new items include:
- Interaction items, such as Staff-child interactions, Interactions among children, and Discipline
- Additional curriculum items such as Nature/science; Math/number;
- Use of TV, video, and/or computers; and Promoting acceptance of diversity
- Health and Safety items
- More inclusive and culturally sensitive indicators and examples for many items
- More items focusing on staff needs
- Space and Furnishings
- Personal Care Routines
- Program Structure
- Parents and Staff
Each of the 43 items is expressed as a 7-point scale with indicators for: 1 (inadequate), 3 (minimal), 5 (good), and 7 (excellent). Notes for clarification and questions are included for selected items.
An introductory section gives detailed information about the rationale of the ECERS-R, the process of revision, and the reliability and validity of the scale. Full instructions for administration and scoring, as well as a Score Sheet and Profile that may be photocopied, are included with the scale.