Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology - Text and Anatomy and Physiology Online Course (User Guide and Access Code) available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology offers a clear, concise, and engaging account of the human body and its systems, with just the right amount of content. Designed for one-semester A&P courses and for students with little or no background in anatomy and physiology, this new, value-priced, text provides a solid framework for learning and understanding the interrelations of body systems. Seasoned authors and experienced educators, Kevin Patton, Gary Thibodeau, and Matthew Douglas use a conversational writing style and a variety of study tools to help you arrive at a complete understanding of human anatomy. What's more, a dynamic, full-color design with spectacular artwork offers a clear view of the human body, providing expert visual guidance while enhancing your learning experience.
• Consistent, unifying elements throughout the book help you understand the interrelation of body systems and how the structure and function of these change in relation to age and development.
• A dynamic full-color design with more than 1,000 full-color photographs and illustrations visually reinforce and clarify complex concepts.
• The unique Clear View of the Human Body transparencies display the internal view of male and female bodies along several different planes, strengthening your knowledge of the structure of the body.
• Study hints offer specific suggestions for using many of the learning aids found in each chapter.
• Student learning objectives highlight the things you should know after completing each chapter, helping you focus on the most important concepts.
• Introductory Stories present real-life clinical situations at the beginning of each chapter, with follow-up questions that challenge you to apply what you've learned in practical and creative ways.
• Quick Check questionsafter major sections reinforce learning by prompting you to immediately review new concepts.
• Review questions at the end of every chapter help you determine how well you have mastered important concepts.
• Critical thinking questions at the end of every chapter challenge your reasoning skills.
• Learning resources on evolve.elsevier.com include A&P Connect, answers to Introductory Story questions, answers to Quick Check questions, audio chapter summaries, audio glossary, Body Spectrum Electronic Anatomy Coloring Book, FAQs, Mechanisms of Disease, online tutoring, Quick Guide to the Language and Science of Medicine, student post-test questions, and web links to related sites.
• Anatomy and PhysiologyOnline features a comprehensive and interactive online course with 22 modules following the body systems presented in the book.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.30(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.20(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Constituents of the Human Body 1. Organization of The Human Body 2. The Chemistry of Life 3. Anatomy of Cells 4. Physiology of Cells 5. Cell Growth and Reproduction 6. Tissues and Their Functions Unit 2: Support and Movement 7. Skin and Its Appendages 8. Skeletal Tissues 9. Bones and Joints 10. Muscular System Unit 3: Communication, Control, and Integration 11. Cells of the Nervous System 12. Central Nervous System 13. Peripheral Nervous System 14. Sense Organs 15. Endocrine System Unit 4: Transportation and Defense 16. Blood 17. Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System 18. Physiology of the Cardiovascular System 19. Lymphatic and Immune Systems Unit 5: Respiration, Nutrition, and Excretion 20. Respiratory System 21. Digestive System 22. Nutrition and Metabolism 23. Urinary System and Fluid Balance Unit 6: Reproduction and Development 24. Male Reproductive System 25. Female Reproductive System 26. Growth and Development 27. Human Genetics and Heredity
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
RENTERS BEWARE: When I contacted BN customer support regarding renting this book, I was told that BN will not guarantee that materials (CD) or access codes that are part of a new textbook will be there for the person who rents. This is absurd considering that the textbook title says it has user guide and access code.