This is a history of the European city from the early Middle Ages to the present. Tracing the city from the survival of urban life after the collapse of the Roman Empire to the effects of modern industrialization and transportation, Professor Benevolo's book also provides a fascinating account of the relationship between urban life and cultural and intellectual life.
|Series:||Making of Europe Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.05(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.76(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Emergence from the Ancient World.
2. The Creation of a New Urban System.
3. The Touching Up of the Urban Environment.
4. Confrontation with the World.
5. The Difficult Adjustment to the Laws of Perspective.
6. The Industrial City.
7. Europe in the Contemporary World.