Want it by Thursday, September 27
Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
Order das beste Bier at Oktoberfest! Hitch a ride on der Autobahn! Say "Wilkommen" to your neuen deutschen Freunde!
Learning to sprechen Sie Deutsches is funand far easier than you might think. German and English are closely relatedyou already know viele Phrasen! With this guide, you will make sense of this fascinating language in no time.
This practical, hands-on Buch comes with easy-to-understand lessons, useful exercises, and a CD for pronunciation help. Building on the German language's close relation to English, this all-new edition covers everything from basic introductions to verb conversions. You will learn to:
- Ich möchte ein Berliner, bitte. Order food with ease.
- Wie viel kostet der Käse? Ask how much items cost.
- Der Vater kaufte seinem Sohn ein Fahrrad. Understand direct and indirect objects.
- viel / mehr / am meisten. Use superlatives to communicate more effectively.
- Der Ball wird von dem Mann geschlagen. Know when to use passive voice.
This edition includes completely new material on:
- Rules of spelling and punctuation
- Appropriate language for correspondence in German, including e-mail
- Updated exercises
About the Author
Edward Swick, MA (Chicago, IL), has been teaching languages for more than thirty years. He holds master’s degrees in German, Russian, and English, and was a Fulbright scholar at the University of Hamburg. He is the author of several German, Russian, and ESL textbooks and wrote the first edition of The Everything Learning German Book and The Everything German Phrase Book.
Table of Contents
Ideas and Techniques for Scrapbookers