Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
- Get it by Thursday, January 25 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Robert Strom and Anne Sprague present, for the first time, a brand new treatment of the study and exploration of Mercury through the Mariner and then Messenger missions that will stir the imagination of readers and break new ground in the scientific frontier of our understanding of the planet.
Provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive discussion of Mercury Covers all aspects of the planet’s exploration by the Mariner 10 and future missions, including Messenger
The planned, accompanying CD ROM will contain all of the best individual Mariner 10 images, the data for each image, photomosaics, maps, some MESSENGER graphics, and public domain software for the PC and Mac.
Table of Contents
Preface List of Figs, Tables and Plates Additional information on CD
1. The Twilight Planet
2. The Mariner 10 Mission
3. Mercury's Motions
4. Mercury's Size, Mass and Density
5. Mercury’s Magnetic Field and Internal Constitution
6. Mercury’s Surface-Bounded Exosphere
7. General Surface Features and Radar Characteristics
8. Surface Composition
9. The Impact Cratering Record
10. Plains: Smooth and Intercrater
12. History and Origin
13. Future Exploration of Mercury Appendix A Orbital and Physical Data for Mercury Appendix B Glossary and Terms Appendix C Names and Locations of Mercury’s Surface Features Bibliography Index Appendix
1. Glossary of Terms
2. Orbital and Physical Data of Mercury
3. Names and Locations of Mercury's Surface Features
CD ROM Containing
1. README explanation of CD contents and instructions for minimal image processing
2. All good 1st, 2nd , and 3rd encounter Mariner 10 Images (about 1000)
3. PC and Macintosh Software for opening and manipulating images (NIH Image; public domain software)
4. Possibly Digital Maps and Mariner 10 photomosaics
5. Some MESSENGER graphics including a movie of the spacecraft trajectory.