List of Contributors..
Part I: Introduction.
1. An introductory overview of fish-forestry interactions (T.G. Northcote and G.F. Hartman).
Part II: Ecology of the Systems.
2. Forest ecology (J.P. Kimmins).
3. Elements of stream ecosystem process (G.F. Hartman and R.E. Bilby).
4. Fundamentals of lake ecology relevant to fish-forestry interactions (T.G. Northcote).
5. Fundamental aspects of estuarine ecology relevant to fish-forestry interactions (T.G. Northcote and M.C. Healey).
Part III: Fish Biology and Ecology.
6. Fish life history variation and stock diversity in forested watersheds (T.G. Northcote).
7. Fish migration and passage in forested watersheds (T.G. Northcote and S.G. Hinch).
8. Aspects of fish reproduction and some implications of forestry activities (G.F. Hartman and T.E. McMahon).
9. Foraging ecology: from the fish to the forest (M. Karagosian and N.H. Ringler).
Part IV: Forestry Activities.
10. Forest harvest and transportation (P.Schies and F. Krogstad).
11. Silviculture (J.E. Barker).
12. Manufacturing Processes and their impact on effluent discharges (N. McCubbin, E.R. Hall and K.J. Hall).
Part V: Forestry Effects on Aquatic Systems and Fishes.
13. Effects of forest management activities’ on watershed processes (G.F. Hartman).
14. Effects of Forestry on the limnology and fishes of lakes (T.G. Northcote, M. Rask adn J. Leggett).
15. Effects of forestry on estuarine ecosystems supporting fishes (C.D. Levings and T.G. Northcote).
16. Environmental effects of Effluents from pulp and paper mills (K.R. Munkittrick).
Part VI: North American Fish-Forestry Interactions.
17. Fish-Forestry interactions in Oregon, Washington and Alaska, USA (J.D. Hall, C.J. Cederholm, M.L. Murphy and KV. Koski).
18. Fish-forestry interaction research in coastal British Columbia - the Carnation Creek and Queen Charlotte Islands Studies.
19. Forestry and Fish in the boreal region of Canada (R.J. Steedman, W.M. Tonn, C.A. Paszkowski and G. J. Scrimgeour).
20. Fish-forestry interactions in freshwaters of Atlantic Canada (R.A. Cunjak, R.A. Curry, D.A. Scruton and K.D. Clarke).
21. Interactions between forests and fish in the Rocky Mountains of the USA (K.D. Fausch and M.K. Young).
22. Fish-forestry interface: an overview of Mexico (A. Sanchez-Veleez and R.M. Garcia-Nunez).
Part VII: Non-north American Fish-Forestry Interactions.
23. Fishes-forestry interactions in tropical South America (C.A.R.M. Araujo-Lima, N. Higuchi and W.Barrella).
24. Europe - with special reference to Scandiniavia and the British Isles(D.T. Crisp, T. Eriksson adn A. Peter).
25. Freshwater fishes and forests in Japan (M. Inoue and F. Nakamura).
26. Fish-forest harvesting interactions in perhumid and monsoonal southeast Asia (Sundaland) (J.H,. Dick and K.Martin-Smith).
27. Regional case studied in fish-forest harvesting interactions: Malaysian and Indonesian Borneo and Cambodia (J.H. Dick and K.Martin-Smith).
28. Interactions: mangroves, fisheries and forestry management in Indonesia (D.G. Bengen and I.M. Dutton).
29. Forestry interactions - New Zealand (B.J. Hicks, G.J. Glova and M.J. Duncan).
30. Australia (W.D. Erskine and J.H. Harris).
Part VIII: Effecting Better Fish-Forestry Interactions.
31. Guidelines, Codes and Legislation (K. Moore and G. Bull).
32. Forest Management and watershed restoration: repairing past damage is part of the future (G.F. Hartman).
33. Better and broader professional, worker and public education in fish-forestry interaction (T.G. Northcote and J.D. Hall).
34. Towards a new fish-forestry interaction in the world's watersheds (T.G. Northcote and G.F. Hartman).