The first academic book on Thompson in twenty years, designed for both students and scholars.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
William Stephenson is Senior Lecturer in English at the University of Chester, where he teaches modernist and postmodernist literature. His publications include John Fowles (Northcote, 2003), several book chapters and articles in journals including Critique, Journal of Cultural Research and a/b: Auto/Biography Studies.
Table of Contents
1. Stepping into History: Values, Contexts, Influences
2. Riding with the Angels, Tripping in the Haight: Drugs, Authorities, Countercultures
3. Gonzo Fists, Guinea Worms and Freaks: the Political Circus
4. The Elusive American Dream; the Edge, the Lodge and the Frontier; Gonzo Sex and Gender
5. 'Bash the Buggers Silly; Bomb the Insane': Thompson and the American Empire
6. Conclusion: 'The Place of Definitions'
Appendix One. Thompson on Film Appendix Two. The Gonzo Net