A practical introduction to growing and enjoying mushrooms at home
Cultivating your own mushrooms is simple and satisfying once you’ve mastered a few basics. Growing Mushrooms for Beginners is full of advice, techniques, and step-by-step instructions for growing a range of edible and medicinal mushrooms at home, whether you have a sprawling backyard, a tiny balcony, or no outdoor space at all.
- Cultivation at a glanceGet started with a straightforward guide to the basics of the cultivation process, and explore simple setups that require minimal space and investment.
- A variety of growing mediumsLearn everything you need to know to successfully grow mushrooms on logs, straw, sawdust and woodchips, compost, and in mason jars.
- Project-specific pointersFind troubleshooting tips for every growing project, plus instructions for freezing, drying, and cooking with your harvest.
- Popular mushroom profilesExplore detailed profiles of 7 novice-friendly mushroom types, like oyster and lion’s mane, including their unique characteristics, flavors, health benefits, and specific growing requirements.
- 30 culinary and medicinal recipesDiscover delicious recipes to showcase your mushroom harvest, from Cordyceps Tea to Tri-Mushroom Curry.
Learn how to grow and utilize a wide variety of mushrooms at home with help from this beginner-friendly guide.
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
SARAH DALZIEL-KIRCHHEVEL is passionate about gardening and finding creative ways to produce food in small spaces. She enjoys empowering others to grow and cook their own food, skills that she believes build confidence. Sarah is the founder of wearingwoad.com, and a partner and writer at joybileefarm.com.