Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Feed your child’s equine muse. This treasure chest of activities, games, and projects encourages kids ages 8 and up to express their passion for horses through a wide range of creative outlets. Jessi Haas offers hundreds of fun and innovative ideas that will inspire children to engage in horse-based writing, photography, crafts, and more. Along with plenty of fascinating trivia and breed profiles, Haas provides suggestions for horse-themed books and movies kids won’t want to miss. Take horse obsession beyond the barn!
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.94(d)|
|Age Range:||8 - 12 Years|
About the Author
Lifelong horse lover Jessie Haas is the author of 38 previous books, including many children's books focused on girls and horses. Haas lives in rural Vermont with her husband, Michael, and two Morgan mares.
Table of Contents
Meet the Author
You're Probably Horse Crazy If...
Part 1: In the Know. Essential Equine Education for the Truly Obsessed
• Horses and Humans: How It All Started
• Horses March Off to War, Part I
• Horses March Off to War, Part II
• After a Long Absence, Horses Return to North America
• Westward Ho!
• Horses in Farming
• Horses on the Road
• The North American Horse Today
• Bring Your Horse to School
• Every Horse a Wanted Horse
• Horsemen Helping Horses
• Sharing Treats with Your Horse
• Click, Treat, Train
Part 2: In the Saddle. And in the Stall and in the Show Ring
Approaching a Horse
• Haltering a Horse
• Tying an Emergency Halter
• Leading a Horse
• Playing with Rope
• Learning How to Ride
• Tacking Up
• Basic Rules of Riding
• Helmets: Absolutely, Completely, Totally Required
• So Many Ways to Show a Horse
• Beautiful Braids
• Successful Showing Is All in the Attitude
• Eye-Catching Quarter Marks
• Competitions for Horseless Horsemen
• All about English Competition
• Types of Jumps
• All about Western Competition
• Everyone Loves a Parade
• The Thrill of the Race
• Happy Trails
• Camping on Horseback
• Going Back in Time: Historic Reenactments
• Drive Yourself Horse Crazy!
• Unusual Ways to Have Fun with a Horse
• Going to Horse Camp
• Help and Hope through Horses
Part 3: In the Spotlight. The Arts, Environment, and Some Equine Extras
A Model of Perfection
• How to Write Horse Stories
• How to Draw Horses
• How to Photograph Horses
• Singing about Horses
• A Horse of a Different Color - How about Green?
• Working on Having a Horse of Your Own
• Sharing Your Horse
The Tail End: More Good Stuff
Careers in the Horse World
• Keeping a Life List of Breeds
• Lots of Good Books
• Lots of Great Movies
• Lots of Cool Crafts