- Architect an infrastructure that allows for methodical investigation and remediation
- Develop leads, identify indicators of compromise, and determine incident scope
- Collect and preserve live data
- Perform forensic duplication
- Analyze data from networks, enterprise services, and applications
- Investigate Windows and Mac OS X systems
- Perform malware triage
- Write detailed incident response reports
- Create and implement comprehensive remediation plans
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Matthew Pepe is a senior technical director and co-founder of Mandiant where he has led numerous investigations, serves as a subject matter expert, and developed the forensic capabilities that are in use today. A veteran of the U.S. Air Force, he served in the Office of Special Investigations’ Computer Forensics Laboratory.
Kevin Mandia is senior vice president and chief operating officer of FireEye. He founded Mandiant in 2004 and served as the chief executive officer. While in the U.S. Air Force, Kevin served as a computer security officer at the Pentagon and as a special agent in the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.