Introduction to Evidence Based Practice: A Practical Guide for Nursing / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Employers expect new graduates to be well-versed in evidence-based practice—its theory and its implementation. Begin with a concise introduction to evidence-based practice to gain a full perspective of what it is and why it's so important. Then draw upon must-have guidance and tools that will help you immediately apply what you’ve learned in both classroom and clinical settings. This practical, step-by-step approach develops the critical-thinking and decision-making skills you need to effectively apply and deliver effective patient care.
You’ll find separate four sections that consider the context of evidence-based practice, theories and models, ways to find and implement the best sources of evidence, and the application of evidence-based practice to specific nursing specialties.
Perfect for a stand-alone, evidence-based course or for integrating throughout the nursing curriculum.
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
Table of Contents
- Background and Context – What is Evidence-Based Practice and Who Cares?
- Professional Nursing and Evidence-Based Practice
- Elements of Evidence-Based Practice
- Global Perspectives and Borderless Knowledge
- Models for Evidence-Based Practice
- Why Bother With Theory?
- A Sampler of Conceptual Frameworks and Models
- Common Principles
- How to Do Evidence-Based Practice
- Overview of the Evidence-Based Practice Process
- Ask and Assess: Questioning
- Acquire and Diagnose: Linking the Problem with Finding Best Sources of Evidence
- Appraise and Plan I: All Evidence Is Not Created Equal
- Appraise and Plan II: Pre-appraised and Synthetic Sources of Evidence
- Apply and Implement I: Decision-making and Integrating Preference and Clinical Expertise
- Apply and Implement II: Individual Nurse Implementation
- Apply and Implement III: Nursing Systems of Evidence Implementation
- Apply and Implement IV: National and International Systems of Evidence Implementation
- Assess and Evaluate: Outcome Measurement and Revision of Plan
- Putting It All Together
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Evidence implementation to Provide Safe Nursing Care to Laboring Women
- Nursing Care of Children
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
- Nursing Care of the Older Adult
- Community Health Nursing
Most Helpful Customer Reviews