One look at the App Store will show you just how hot iPhone games have become. Games make up more than 25 percent of all apps, and more than 70 percent of the apps in the App Store's Most Popular category. Surprised? Of course not! We've all filled our iPhones with games, and many of us hope to develop the next bestseller.
This book is a collection of must-know information from master independent iPhone game developers. In it, you'll discover how some of the most innovative and creative game developers have made it to the pinnacle of game design and profitability. This book is loaded with practical tips for efficient development, and for creating compelling, addictive gaming experiences. And it's not all talk! It's supported with code examples that you can download and use to realize your own great ideas.
This book's authors are responsible for some of the all-time most popular and talked-about games:
Pair iPhone Games Projects with Apress's best-selling Beginning iPhone Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK, and you'll have everything you need to create the next game to top the sales charts.
About the Author
Table of Contents• Simplify the User Interface for Complex Games: Chess, the Deep Green Way
• Responsive Social Gaming with RESTful Web Services
• Rapid Game Development Using (Mostly) Standard C
• Brian Greenstone's Jedi Master List for Game Optimization
• Starting with a Game Design Document: A Methodology for Success
• Multiplatform Game Development: iPhone Games for Linux and Windows
• Code Optimization with Mike Lee, the “World's Toughest Programmer”
• Networked Games: Choosing the Right Option