Winner! 1995 Best Instructional Nonfiction Book Cat Writers' Association "This is a delightful, practical, well-written, sensible, and easy-to-follow book.about living with cats and enjoying them." John E. Saidla, DVM, Director of Continuing Education, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University Is Your Cat Crazy? provides feline fans with a wealth of practical information and entertaining stories drawn from Dr. Wright's long practice making housecalls on dysfunctional cats. Along with helpful suggestions on how to cope with the most common behavior problems, he shows cat owners how and when to pick out a new kitten, what determines a cat's personality, how to deal with multiple cats, and what works and doesn't work when it comes to kitty "discipline." Whether the problem is strange eating habits or disdain for the litter box, aggression or post-traumatic stress, Is Your Cat Crazy? will help restore order to a cat-crazy home.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||5.53(w) x 8.20(h) x 0.67(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
1. In Search of the Perfect Cat.
2. Secrets of Litter-Box Success.
3. The Crime of Punishment.
4. Eating Habits Weird and Wonderful.
5. Can You Teach a Cat Good Behavior?
6. Beware of the Attack Cat!
7. Top Cat, Bottom Cat: Challenges of the Multiple-Cat Household.
8. Inside Cats, Outside Agitators.
9. Life-styles of Stressed-Out Felines.
10."Don't Blame Me--I Have a Note from the Doctor".
11. When Bad Things Happen to Good Cats: Getting Past Traumatic Events.
12. Hatred, Revenge, and Inflexible Felines.
13. Babies, Kittens, Dogs, and Other Surprises Suggested Reading.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
THIS BOOK GIVES US SOLOUTIONS TO OUR BEST FRIENDS BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS. MY KITTY WAS ON THE VERGE OF THE SHELTER UNTIL I READ THE SOLOUTIONS TO HIS LITTER BOX PROBLEMS IN THIS GREAT BOOK!