Written by one of the world’s leading neuroscientists, Making Up the Mind is the first accessible account of experimental studies showing how the brain creates our mental world.
- Uses evidence from brain imaging, psychological experiments and studies of patients to explore the relationship between the mind and the brain
- Demonstrates that our knowledge of both the mental and physical comes to us through models created by our brain
- Shows how the brain makes communication of ideas from one mind to another possible
|Product dimensions:||6.02(w) x 9.05(h) x 0.76(d)|
Table of Contents
Part I: Seeing through the brain’s illusions:.
1. Clues from a damaged brain.
2. What a normal brain tells us about the world.
3. What the brain tells us about our bodies.
Part II: How the brain does it:.
4. Getting ahead by prediction.
5. Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality.
6. How brains model minds.
Part III: Culture and the brain:.
7. Sharing minds – How the brain creates culture.
Epilogue: Me and my Brain.