Management: A Focus on Leaders / Edition 2 available in Paperback
Directed primarily toward undergraduate business college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Financial crises, catastrophic disasters, and business scandals are constantly making today’s headlines. Annie McKee, author of the textbook Management: A Focus on Leaders, believes that amidst these issues we are experiencing a unique opportunity to add new fervor to the way we prepare students for the future. Directly addressing the challenges and opportunities in our changing world, Management: A Focus on Leaders shows future managers how to lead in a complex, yet exciting, global environment.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Annie McKee has coauthored two groundbreaking books on leadership, Primal Leadership (with Daniel Goleman and Richard Boyatzis) and Resonant Leadership (also with Boyatzis), and her newest book, Becoming a Resonant Leader was published in March 2008. She serves as Adjunct Professor at the Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania and teaches at the Wharton School’s Aresty Institute of Executive Education. Annie is the founder of the Teleos Leadership Institute, a consultancy serving managers and leaders of businesses and not-for-profits all over the world. She received her doctorate in
organizational behavior from Case Western Reserve University and her baccalaureate degree, summa cum laude, from Chaminade University in Honolulu. Her life’s work has been to support people in reaching their full potential as employees, leaders, and people as they contribute to their families, organizations, and communities. As she puts it, “My mission is to, one by one, with leader after leader, help others embrace the hope that carried me through my life. If I can help people experience hope and find their dreams, and give them the power to realize them, I will consider my life worthwhile.”
Table of Contents
1. Managing and Leading Today: The New Rules.
2. The Leadership Imperative: It’s Up to You.
3. Motivation and Meaning: What Makes People Want to Work?
4. Communication: The Key to Resonant Relationships.
5. Planning and Strategy: Bringing the Vision to Life.
6. The Human Side of Planning: Decision Making and Critical Thinking.
7. Change: A Focus on Adaptability and Resiliency.
8. Workplace Essentials: Creativity, Innovation, and a Spirit of Entrepreneurship.
9. Organizing for a Complex World: Forces Affecting Organizational Structure and Design.
10. Teams and Team Building: How to Work Effectively with Others.
11. Working in a Virtual World: Technology as a Way of Life.
12. Organizational Controls: People, Processes, Quality, and Results.
13. Culture: It’s Powerful.
14. Globalization: Managing Effectively in a Global Economic Environment.
15. Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Ensuring the Future.
16. Managing and Leading for Tomorrow: A Focus on Your Future.