• Manuelle Gautrand Architecture is part of the Leading Architects series, published by The Images Publishing Group, which will showcase the most progressive, renowned architects throughout the world
• Manuelle Gautrand has been named as 2017's laureate of the European Prize for Architecture, making her the first woman to receive the accolade
• This book showcases Manuelle Gautrand's strong portfolio and highly recognisable aesthetic across architecture, design and masterplanning, and how the firm's approach results in both significant efficiencies, and compelling and engaging design
• Projects featured include single and multi-residential buildings corporate headquarters, art centers, theaters, hotels and museums, and masterplans
• This book is a superb reference title for those in the architecture, landscaping, urban planning and design industries
Manuelle Gautrand Architecture is a Parisian-based architecture firm founded by Manuelle Gautrand in 1991, sited in the Bastille neighborhood of this exquisite European city. The firm's key aim is to 're-enchant the city' of Paris by evoking emotion, reinventing spaces, and garnering renewal and innovation - to be bold and definitive. At the core of Gautrand's creativity lies the approach to each new project through the spirit of a blank canvas, with no à priori. Yet, each of the project that this firm produces expresses a specific relationship to the site: a desire to revive it and enchant; a deep commitment to working on programs entrusted to the firm; ensure efficiency, flexibility and surprise. Each project is a unique and symbolic encounter. Fuelled by shared ideas and prominent for its breadth of practice, this book documents the comprehensive collection of Manuelle Gautrand Architecture's design solutions. It celebrates the intuitive and stunning designs, and the firm's commitment to beauty, revival, boldness and precision.
|Publisher:||Images Publishing Dist Ac|
|Product dimensions:||9.11(w) x 12.04(h) x 1.04(d)|
About the Author
Born in 1961 in Marseille, Manuelle Gautrand is the principal architect and director of Manuelle Gautrand Architecture, alongside Marc Blaising as the partner, financial and administrative director. Having founded her firm in 1991, she has lived and practised as an architect in Paris for over 20 years. With a team of over 15 architects, her firm's poetic architecture embraces the endless variety of forms and colours, with a design focus as diverse as cultural facilities (theaters, museums and cultural centers), office buildings, housing, commercial and leisure facilities. Her clients are public contracting authorities as well as private firms in France and abroad. In 2007, she received the distinction of France's Chevalier de la Légion d Honneur (National Order of the Legion of Honour) and more recently was nominated as ARVHA's 2014 Woman Architect of the Year.