A priceless resource for seasoned as well as first-time executives, this is the playbook that explains how to recruit better people and build stronger, more effective teams.
• Provides a step-by-step guide to recruiting better people, right away
• Presents clear, practical, and immediately actionable advice instead of wasting the reader's time with text dedicated to explaining theory in extensive detail
• Reviews the most common recruiting mistakes and describes ways to avoid or correct these errors
• Enables readers to immediately improve their hiring effectiveness and over time to develop the intuitive feel for recruiting that makes them expert recruiters
• Supplies the straightforward advice executives need to build great teams that will deliver superior revenues and profits for their businessesan outcome that will accelerate their own careers
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.30(h) x 2.40(d)|
About the Author
Michael Travis, named by BusinessWeek as one of the World's Most Influential Headhunters, is the principal of Travis & Company, an executive search firm.
Table of Contents
1 The Messy Business of Assessing People 1
2 Attitude Adjustment: Get in the Recruiting Mindset 13
3 Seek and You Shall Find (If You Know What You're Looking For) 27
4 Finding, Attracting, and Screening Candidates 41
5 Selling, Questioning, and Listening: The Art of the Interview 55
6 Common Problems (And How to Fix Them) 71
7 How to Get Meaningful References 85
8 Making Offers That Are Accepted 97
9 You Thought You Were Done? After the Hire 113
10 The Path to Mastery 127
What People are Saying About This
"You can't succeed without a great team, and this book shows how to build one. It's an essential and highly practical guide to recruiting top talent."
"At once brilliantly insightful and wonderfully entertaining, Mastering the Art of Recruiting is an indispensable guide for anyone who recognizes that hiring talented employees is the most critical factor in building successful businesses. Michael Travis has done a masterful job of laying out a clear and simple recipe anyone can follow for dramatically improving their hiring practices. In doing so, he offers organizations a powerful strategic advantage."
"Well written and fast-paced, this book provides all the basics of how to recruit great people, with the bonus of lessons learned from a seasoned veteran of the recruiting business. The focused, boiled-down lists should be in every executive's recruiting tool kit!"