Tom Carpenter is the author of several books for the IT industry, including Sybex's Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administration: Real-World Skills for MCITP Certification and Beyond. He is the founder and senior consultant for The Systems Education Company (SysEdCo), a training and consulting company specializing in Microsoft and network infrastructure technologies. Tom has trained the U.S. Department of Defense, the FBI, Procter & Gamble, Wells Fargo, and several other companies and organizations on topics ranging from Windows Server administration to wireless LAN penetration testing.
Microsoft Windows Server Administration Essentialsby Tom Carpenter
Administering a Windows operating system (OS) can be a difficult topic to grasp, particularly if you are new to the field of IT. This full-color resource serves as an approachable introduction to understanding how to install a server, the various roles of a server, and how server/b>
The core concepts and technologies you need to administer a Windows Server OS
Administering a Windows operating system (OS) can be a difficult topic to grasp, particularly if you are new to the field of IT. This full-color resource serves as an approachable introduction to understanding how to install a server, the various roles of a server, and how server performance and maintenance impacts a network.
With a special focus placed on the new Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certificate, the straightforward, easy-to-understand tone is ideal for anyone new to computer administration looking to enter the IT field. Each chapter offers a clear and concise look at the core Windows administration concepts you need to know to gain an understanding of these difficult topics.
- Offers a clear, no-nonsense approach to administering a Windows operating system and presents it in such a way that IT beginners will confidently comprehend the subject matter
- Targets the MTA 98-365 exam by covering Windows Server installation, server roles, storage, and active directory infrastructure
- Provides you with a solid foundation of various networking topics so that you can gain a strong understanding of Windows Server administration concepts
- Includes review questions and suggested labs to further enhance your learning process
With this book by your side, you will be armed with the core concepts and technologies needed to administer a Windows Server operating system.
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.80(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews