Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands568
Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands568
- Flexible itineraries for spending time in the Sierras, the Amazon, the coast, Quito, and the Galápagos Islands
- Strategic advice for ethical travelers, adventure lovers, budget travelers, history and culture buffs, wellness seekers, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Hike through the Amazon rainforest, paddle across lily-covered lagoons, and spot camian, tapir, or pink river dolphins. Dive with hammerhead sharks in the Galápagos, cycle the epic waterfall route in Baños, and watch the sun rise over the peaks where the Amazon meets the Andes. Wander cobbled colonial streets and gaze up at snow-capped volcanoes rising from wildflower-strewn grasslands. Take a surfing lesson in Montañita, and relax on the beach with a mojito in hand
- How to ethically experience Ecuador like an insider, support local and sustainable businesses, and respectfully engage with the indigenous communities, including those with shamanic traditions
- Expert insight from local author Bethany Pitts on where to eat, how to get around, where to stay, and how to avoid crowds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Reliable background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history, as well as health and safety advice, environmental issues, and common customs and etiquette
- Handy tools including a Spanish phrasebook, volunteer opportunities, packing suggestions, and travel tips for families with kids, seniors, travelers with disabilities, and LGBTQ travelers
Exploring more of South America? Check out Moon Chile or Moon Colombia.
Related collections and offers
|Edition description:||7th ed.|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 7.50(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Bethany has worked as a translator, editor and writer, but her true passion is environmental activism. From indigenous defenders, she learned that community-led eco-tourism enables them to protect threatened ecosystems and unique ways of life. This led her to write Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands with a focus on ethical travel. She is passionate about enabling travelers to make informed choices about how their visits can directly benefit Ecuador's unrivaled biodiversity, its warm, welcoming people, and the preservation of their ancestral traditions.
Originally from England, Beth lives in a small village on Ecuador's Pacific coast, where she has hummingbirds and passionflowers in her garden.
Explore More Items
This high-quality Spanish-language book can be enjoyed by fluent Spanish speakers as well as those learning the language, whether at home or in a classroom.
Por veinte años, La mariquita
Insight Guides Thailand Travel made easy. Ask local experts.Comprehensive travel guide packed with inspirational photography and fascinating cultural insights, now with free eBook.From deciding
Lonely Planet's Peruis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries
Lonely Planet's Pocket Singaporeis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden
Peru is bursting with bucket-list experiences.
Whether you want to hike the incredible Andes, spot dolphins on a cruise down the Amazon river or simply relax in a secluded coastal paradise, your DK
Your World Your Way!
Patagonia's staggering landscapes, titanic glaciers, and rugged mountains evoke mystery and inspire self-discovery. Explore the ends of the earth with Moon Patagonia.
Insight Guides: all you need to inspire every step of your journey.
An in-depth book, now with free app and eBook.
From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, this is all you
Lonely Planet's Best of Indiais your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries
Lonely Planet's Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and
- Strategic itineraries ranging from two days each in