- Sonata for organ, No 1 in D Minor, Op 42
- Character Pieces (12) for organ, Op 156: Abenfriede (Evening Peace)
- Symphony No. 1 for organ, in D Minor, Op 14: Finale
- Präludium und Fuge über das Motiv B.A.C.H. (I & II), for organ, S. 260 (LW E3)
- Fantasie & Fugue über den Choral "Ad nos, ad salutarem undam", for organ, S. 259 (LW E1)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Organ Sensation based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
A luminous talent makes a great deal of music here, without the least apparent striving. How fine it is to hear the organ as it was written for, freed from the affectation, the poorly camouflaged strain that dogged generations of showmen with heavy hands. The organ's scale complements the talent, and is of articulate twentieth century voicing, in a fine hall, which all the moreso reveals young Hell's flawless technique. The recording nails it - a match in mastery to the program - adding to make the entire presentation a welcome labor of love.