An integrated and personalized approach to health, nutrition, training, recovery, and mindset
There is a new revolution happening in sports as more and more athletes are basing their success on this game-changing combination: health, nutrition, training, recovery, and mindset. Unfortunately, the evidence-based techniques that the expert PhDs, academic institutions, and professional performance staffs follow can be in stark contrast to what many athletes actually practice. When combined with the noise of social media, old-school traditions, and bro-science, it can be difficult to separate fact from fiction.
Peak is a groundbreaking book exploring the fundamentals of high performance (not the fads), the importance of consistency (not extreme effort), and the value of patience (not rapid transformation). Dr. Marc Bubbs makes deep science easy to understand, and with information from leading experts who are influencing the top performers in sports on how to achieve world-class success, he lays out the record-breaking feats of athleticism and strategies that are rooted in this personalized approach.
Dr. Bubbs’s performance protocol is for the elite athlete, active individual, strength coach, nutritionist, or practitioner who wants to expand their potential by:
- Connecting the importance of sleep, digestion, the athlete microbiome, and blood glucose control metrics
- Creating personalized deep nutrition strategies for building muscle, burning fat, or “making weight” for competition
- Rethinking nutrition specifically for team sports
- Learning how elite endurance athletes fuel, including training techniques to boost performance
- Applying the new science of recovery that enhances performance
- Emphasizing the tremendous role of emotional intelligence and mindset in overcoming roadblocks and achieving athletic success (the next frontier in performance)
- Analyzing the qualities of elite leaders and how to develop them authentically
Dr. Bubbs expertly brings together the worlds of health, nutrition, and exercise and synthesizes the salient science into actionable guidance. Regardless if you’re trying to improve your physique, propel your endurance, or improve your team’s record, looking at performance through this lens is absolutely critical for lasting success.
|Publisher:||Chelsea Green Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.12(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Marc Bubbs ND, CISSN, CSCS, is the Performance Nutrition Lead for the Canadian men’s national basketball team, a speaker, and a former strength and conditioning coach. He is also the host of the Dr. Bubbs Performance Podcast, connecting listeners with world experts in nutrition, training, functional health, and mental performance. Dr. Bubbs regularly presents at health, fitness, and medical conferences across Canada, the United States, UK, and Europe and consults with professional sports teams in the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB. He practices in Toronto, Canada, and London, England, helping athletes and clients struggling with obesity, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome improve their health.