The book is organized into three helpful sections, each focusing on one of the sectors described in the title. Section One: Airport Safety, explores the airport environment, then delves into safety management systems. Section Two: Airport Operations, continues the conversation on safety management systems before outlining airside and landside operations in depth, while Section Three: Airport Emergency Management, is a careful, detailed exploration of the topic, ending with a chapter on the operational challenges airport operations managers can expect to face in the future.
Written by trusted experts in the field, users will find this book to be a vital resource that provides airport operations managers and students with the information, protocols, and strategies they need to meet the unique challenges associated with running an airport.
- Addresses the four areas of airport management: safety, operations, emergency management, and future challenges together in one book
- Written by leading professionals in the field with extensive training, teaching, and practical experience in airport operations
- Includes section on future challenges, including spaceport, unmanned aerial vehicles, and integrated incident command
- Ancillary materials for readers to reinforce concepts and instructors teaching operations courses
- Focuses on the topics of safety, operations, emergency management, and what personnel and students studying the topic can expect to face in the future
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsSection I Airport Safety Chapter 1 Introduction Chapter 2 The Airport Environment Chapter 3 Airport Operations Chapter 4 Safety Management Systems, Part I
Section II Airport Operations Chapter 5 Safety Management Systems, Part II Chapter 6 Airside Operations Part I Chapter 7 Airside Operations Part II Chapter 8 Landside Operations
Section III Airport Emergency Management Chapter 9 Airport Emergency Management Part I Chapter 10 Airport Emergency Management Part II Chapter 11 Airport Emergency Management Part III Chapter 12 Future Airport Operational Challenges