Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Get it by Wednesday, January 24
, Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Prescription Alternatives is an easy-to-use, immediate reference for all the information you need about how medications affect your body, what you can do to counteract imbalances, and what alternative treatments work best. "FDA approved" doesn't mean it's safe!
• Prescription drugs can deplete the body of essential vitamins and minerals
• Studies show that H2 blockers for heartburn can cause bone loss
• Drugs to treat diabetes can increase risk of heart disease and death Covering the major prescription drugs in use today and their dangerous side effects, natural health expert Dr. Earl Mindell lays the foundation for a sound body with safer alternatives to these medicines. New drugs and natural alternatives for:
• Heart disease
• Obesity-related ailments
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Virginia Hopkins, M.A., has written or coauthored more than thirty books on alternative health and nutrition, including the bestselling What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause and What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause (with John Lee, M.D.).
Table of Contents
Part 1: Laying the Foundation for Good Health
1. Changing the Pill-popping Mindset
2. Avoid Prescription Drug Abuse
3. How Your Body Processes Drugs
4. How Drugs Interact with Food, Drink, and Supplements
5. How Drugs Interact with Other Drugs
6. Surgery, Drugs, and Nutrition
7. How to Read Drug Labels and Information Inserts
Part 2: Prescription Drugs and their Natural Alternatives
8. The 6 Core Principles for Health
9. Drugs for Heart Disease
10. Drugs for the Digestive Tract
11. Cold, Cough, Asthma and Allergy Drugs
12. Drugs for Pain Relief
13. Antibiotics and Antifungals
14. Drugs for Insomnia, Anxiety, and Depression
15. Diabetes Drugs and Obesity Drugs
16. Drugs for Eye Disease
17. Drugs for the Prostate
18. Synthetic Hormones
19. Drugs for Osteoporosis
20. Drugs for Herpes
21. Drugs for Impotence
22. Drugs for ADHD