There is growing awareness that some people do not appear to recover their former health using the standard levothyroxine (T4) thyroid medication and may remain with many of the symptoms of hypothyroidism that they first went to their doctor with.
The author describes his struggle with hypothyroidism and how eventually he regained his health using a thyroid medication called liothyronine sodium (T3). The use of T3 finally enabled the author to make a complete recovery from hypothyroidism, although there were many lessons that he needed to learn about T3 in order to regain his health.
The author decided to write Recovering with T3, as there were no useful books on hypothyroidism that covered the detailed information needed for using T3 safely and effectively.
This book covers a vast amount of technical and practical information relating to T3 medication and details how the author used T3 in order to get well.
The book has a foreword by Dr. John C. Lowe, who had this to say about the book:
"Paul Robinson has written a book chock-full of information on T3 that is vitally important to many people. I believe that reading 'Recovering with T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' will be a splendid experience for thousands of people, whether clinicians, patients, patient advocates, or patients' loved ones."
Recovering with T3 is a ground-breaking hypothyroidism book and essential reading for any patient and their doctor if they are considering the use of the T3 thyroid hormone.
The book was updated in 2018 to incorporate recent thyroid research study findings.
Together with 'The Thyroid Patient's Manual', and 'The CT3M Handbook', Paul's hypothyroidism books have now become a complete series (the 'Recovering from Hypothyroidism series').
About the Author
Table of Contents
2. The Thyroid Gland and Hypothyroidism
3. The Adrenal Glands and Hypothyroidism
4. Vitamins, Minerals and Hypothyroidism
5. Other Factors and Hypothyroidism
6. Realising I Was Sick
7. The Diagnosis and T4 Treatment
8. Finding the Next Step
9. The T3 Trial
10. Living Well on T3
LESSONS LEARNED ON T3 USE
11. First Lesson - Information About T3
12. General Lessons Learned on T3 Use
13. Lesson Learned on Clearing T4 and rT3
14. Lessons Learned on Divided Doses of T3
15. Lesson Learned on Thyroid Blood Tests
16. Lesson Learned on T3 Effect on Cortisol
17. Lessons Learned on Records/Detective Work
18. Lesson Learned on Practical Aspects of T3 Use
PREPARATION & GOALS
19. Preparation for T3 Replacement Therapy
20. The Goals of T3 Dosage Management
T3 DOSAGE MANAGEMENT PROCESS
21. Using Symptoms and Signs
22. Taking Body Temperature Readings
23. Recognising a T3 Dosage That is Too High
24. Phase 1: Reducing T4
25. Phase 2: Determining a Safe, Effective and Stable T3 Dosage
26. Phase 3: Long-Term Monitoring
27. Conclusions on T3 Dosage Management
UNDERSTANDING WHY T4 FAILED
28. Why Did T4 Fail and T3 Succeed?
29. A Sprinkling of Research on T4 Failure/T3 Success
RECOMMENDATIONS & FINAL THOUGHTS
30. Suggestions for Doctors and Researchers
31. Final Comments
APPENDICES & INDEX
Appendix A Books for Further Reading
Appendix B Useful Websites
Appendix C Patient Experience with CT3M
Appendix D References by Chapter