God has led us to a particular place, with a particular talent, to show God's character to a particular people. But there are forces actively seeking to keep us from experiencing our intended design and calling. God is in the business of taking the things we think disqualify us—whether it's a broken relationship, the wound of fatherlessness, a humiliating failure, or out-of-control emotions—and turning it into a fulfilling life purpose and a new identity, as God's sons.
In the first CORE for Men study, Redeemed, we learn about:
- Calling: God has a specific calling and purpose for us, and he gives us gifts to fulfill that calling.
- Pain: God redeems losses, even when those losses are life-altering and life-defining.
- Identity: Our heavenly Father transforms the rejection and wounds of our earthly father, giving us a new identity.
- Forgiveness: It's never too late to pursue reconciliation, whether you have been the one hurt or the one who created the hurt.
- Purpose: Personal loss, tragedy, and failure do not disqualify us from being a vibrant participant in God's purpose.
- Called (Mariano Rivera, pitcher, New York Yankees)
- Redemption (Kyle Oxford, tattoo artist)
- Sons (Tommy Green, lead singer, Sleeping Giant)
- Restoration (Robert Irving III, music director for Miles Davis)
- Purpose (Tom Paterson, master strategic thinker)
Brought to you by the men behind Promise Keepers, the passion behind the CORE for Men studies is to create spaces where men have permission to be real. Spaces where men discover they are not alone with the kind of doubts and fears they face. Spaces where they have like-minded brothers who are there with them.
The two CORE for Men studies—Redeemed and Transformed—feature five real-life stories of men who have faced their two biggest battles: Isolation and Disqualification.
- Isolation: “If you knew how messed up some of my life is, you wouldn’t want to have anything to do with me.”
- Disqualification: “If you knew how messed up some of my life is, you wouldn’t want me to have anything to do with you.”
There has never been a more critical need to equip men with the tools to win the battles over their hearts and futures. CORE for Men invites men to step out of shame and isolation and encourages them to step into their God-given purpose.
Designed for use with the Redeemed: Turning Brokenness into Something Beautiful Video Study available on DVD or streaming video, sold separately.
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Tim Phillips brings a strategic and passionate approach to helping create brotherhood communities that help turn weakness into strength, and authenticity into confident purpose