Are you ready for a change in your classroom?
- Do you want your classroom to be more student-led than teacher-driven?
- Do you want to offer personalized learning that meets the needs of the individuals?
- Do you want to build a sense of real community in your classroom and in your school?
It’s challenging to make big changes, particularly if you attempt to change everything at once. (Just think about all those New Year’s resolutions that revert to status quo by January 5th!) But real change is possible, sustainable, and even easy when it happens little by little.
In Shift This! educator and speaker Joy Kirr identifies how to make gradual shifts—in your thinking, teaching, and approach to classroom design—that will have a massive impact in your classroom. You’ll learn how to…
- Shift learning to make it authentic and student-led.
- Shift the classroom environment to make it a space in which students thrive.
- Shift conversations and classwork to get kids thinking rather than repeating.
- Shift away from homework and grades to keep the focus on learning.
- Shift the way you spend your time at school so you have more time to enjoy life at home.
You can create the kind of classroom you’ve always dreamed of. Make the first shift today!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Shift This! is a gem of hidden treasure as it brings out Joy Kirr's personality and shares some of the best resources for instructional strategies and where to go and learn (with a ton of online support resources)! This book provides a framework for challenging your own practices and beliefs whether you are in your first year or thirtieth year of teaching, leading you towards a more learner-centered approach with a compelling why. This book really should be called Transform This! as it provides an opportunity for you to reflect and to ask the right questions to transform your teaching and learning while each chapter comes with a set of reflection questions to help transform your reflections into action.