Soap Making Business Startup
How to Start, Run & Grow a Million Dollar Success From Home!
In this book, I don't tell you how to make soap in few steps and then give you a few recipes to try, so you can start your own soap making business. You can find that information anywhere, don't have to buy my book to learn that. Wait! Oh! I did that in this book. I did explain how to make soap, I also did give you a few simple recipes too. But I hope that is not why you bought this book.
In this book my goal is to explain to you in simple terms how to CREATE great natural and organic soaps and not just MAKE soaps, there is a difference. You will get to see and understand that difference when you understand each ingredients and how they interact and react with each other.
You will not have a great business if you are just making carbon copy of few soaps of other people which your customers can go buy from any local stores. What will make you unique is when you create a blend or two of your own and people start liking your creation. That is when you can hit the home run in business.
Imagine growing your soap company into a local, regional and ultimately a national brand, where your soaps will be sold at every Whole food, Body, Bath and Beyond, Home Goods and many other great retailers.
This is a Two Part Book. In the first part I show you how to get started with soap making, I show you every steps you need to take to make your first batch of soap. Then I show you how to test your creation and how to figure out what works and what does not.
On the second part of the book, I teach you everything you need to know about turning your new found passion into a successful business. I share my own story and how I turned my passion into a 6 figure business. Though this book is not about my success but yours, but I think you may find it inspiring that an average housewife like myself was able to build the business and then was able to sell it for a good profit.
In the First Part I will Show You:
- Why you should your own Soap Making Business
- What Soap Making Equipment you will need
- How to get Started in Under a 1K
- How & Where to Buy Soap Making Supplies for Cheap
- What makes a soap Natural and Organic?
- What is the Difference between Fragrance and Essential oil
- How to use Various Natural Botanicals in your Soap and Make them Unique
- How to be Creative with various Soap Molds
- What and how to Use 32 Various Oils in your Soap
- How to Scent Your Soap
- How to Color your Soap with 11 Natural Colorants
- All the Soap Making methods Step by Step
- Soap Making Safety Rules to Follow
- Best & Easiest Recipes to Start with
In the Second Part of the Book I Will Show You:
- Startup Costs for your New Homemade Soap Business
- How to get started, Step by Step
- Expected Average Monthly Revenue
- Average Monthly Expenses
- How to Start from Home and Save Money
- How to Find and Develop a Niche for your Soap Business
- The New Market Trends in the Soap Industry
- How to Price your Soap for Sale
- How to Calculate Profit Margin of your Business
- How to Create Unique Packaging for your Soap
- How to Create Proper Labeling for Natural and Organic Soap
- How and Where to Market and Sell your Handmade Soap
- How to Grow your Homemade Soap Business
- Top 4 Marketing Strategy to follow to Grow your business
Welcome to a beautiful and colorful world of soap making and selling. Where else can you have fun and make money at the same time? Enjoy this wonderful journey, I know I have.
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
"Suzanne sent me this manuscript for my opinion, after reading it, I realized that this is one book that can truly help those who always wanted to show their creative side and rise to the top by creating something unique that sells. But I didn't know that my daughter got a hold of it and read the entire book, I found out when I saw our garage was being set up as her new soap making factory!." - Mary B. Johnson
I am Suzanne Carpenter; I always had a dream about making beautiful soaps and candles and have a successful business where people would see my soaps on store shelves and know right away that it came from me. I was able to make that into a reality, well for the most part, other than the personal recognition part.
Thought the process was extremely tedious and difficult especially since I didn't know much about starting a business. Only passion I ever had was to make beautiful soaps and boy! I made some great ones. But soon after starting to build my business I realized, making soap is totally different than making the soap making into a full blow business.
The learning curve was steep, and I was determined to make a go of it even if that meant I would have to sacrifice whatever I had. I took me two long years to finally be able to break through all the walls and see success. I build my business from zero to a 6 figure business in 26 months which is little over two years' time.
By then I figured out the Ins and Outs of this business and had a great distribution channel set up who were helping to market my soap all over the country. My soaps were mostly selling in boutique shops, some TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods and even in few Whole Foods market.
One day I got a call from an agent who was representing a name brand soap company and they expressed interest in buying my business. After three months of hard negotiation and planning, I was able to sell them my company for a good price. Due to the NDA agreement, I cannot disclose their name or how much I sold my company for, but let's just say I am happy and content. Now I can pursue other dreams I have. But I can't start another soap manufacturing company in next seven years as that is the Non-Compete Agreement I had to sign with them.
Since I can't make soap anymore, I have decided to share my "know how" so you don't have to go through what I have gone through and waste two years trying to make a go of it.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews