Get it by Thursday, August 24
, Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
If you’ve been charged with setting up storage area networks for your company, learning how SANs work and managing data storage problems might seem challenging. Storage Area Networks For Dummies, 2nd Edition comes to the rescue with just what you need to know.
Whether you already a bit SAN savvy or you’re a complete novice, here’s the scoop on how SANs save money, how to implement new technologies like data de-duplication, iScsi, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet, how to develop SANs that will aid your company’s disaster recovery plan, and much more. For example, you can:
- Understand what SANs are, whether you need one, and what you need to build one
- Learn to use loops, switches, and fabric, and design your SAN for peak performance
- Create a disaster recovery plan with the appropriate guidelines, remote site, and data copy techniques
- Discover how to connect or extend SANs and how compression can reduce costs
- Compare tape and disk backups and network vs. SAN backup to choose the solution you need
- Find out how data de-duplication makes sense for backup, replication, and retention
- Follow great troubleshooting tips to help you find and fix a problem
- Benefit from a glossary of all those pesky acronyms
From the basics for beginners to advanced features like snapshot copies, storage virtualization, and heading off problems before they happen, here’s what you need to do the job with confidence!
|Series:||For Dummies Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Christopher Poelker is Vice President of Enterprise Solutions for FalconStor Software, Inc. He spends most of his time with Fortune 1000 companies defining strategy for virtualization and business continuity solutions. Chris is also in great demand as a conference speaker.
Alex Nikitin has been a storage architect and consultant for more than ten years.