Want it by Thursday, October 25?
Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
The ultimate nutrition and lifestyle guide for a healthy baby and momnew from the lead author of the New York Times bestselling SuperFoodsRx
Every woman knows that the nutritional and lifestyle choices she makes during pregnancy can significantly impact her own health and that of her child. But did you know that those same choices can also affect your ability to conceive and continue to affect your own health as well as the health and wellbeing of your baby after birth? In SuperFoodsRx for Pregnancy , New York Times bestselling author Dr. Steven Pratt uses the groundbreaking approach of SuperFoodsRx and draws on the latest scientific research to help you meet the nutritional, environmental, and lifestyle needs of your baby and yourselfstarting before conception and taking you through the critical first months of your baby's life.
- Identifies the 25 SuperFoods you need to eat for optimal health before, during, and after pregnancy
- Shares surprising, scientifically validated discoveries about how to avoid environmental toxins that could have a negative impact on your baby's health in the womb
- Provides specific how-to information about the SuperNutrients that help to lower your risk of complications during pregnancy and your baby's risk for many chronic diseases later in life
- Makes it clear that the nutrition and lifestyle choices women make during this time will significantly affect their health and longevity after they reach menopause
Dr. Steven Pratt's New York Times bestsellers, SuperFoodsRx and SuperFoods Healthstyle introduced legions of people to the scientific evidence that eating specific foods can help us live longer, healthier lives. Now he goes one step further, applying his vast knowledge of nutrition and lifestyle choices to the many ways that moms- and dads-to-be can affect their babies' lifelong health even before they are born.
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
STEVEN PRATT, M.D., FACS, ABIHM, is a clinical assistant professor of opthalmology at the University of California, San Diego. He is the author of the New York Times bestselling SuperFoodsRx, and he has appeared on major national media including Today, The View, and Oprah. His books have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, O, Time, Newsweek, Men's Health, Shape, Martha Stewart Living, and other publications.
Table of Contents
Introduction: You Have More Power Than You Think 1
P a r t 1 Before You Get Pregnant 7
1. Fast-Track Your Fertility 11
2. Baby-Proof Your Environment before You Conceive 58
3. Prepare Your Body for Baby 75
4. The Prepregnancy Nutrition Program: What, How Much, How Often 104
P a r t 2 While Baby Is in Your Belly 121
5. The SuperFoods Way of Eating for Two 125
6. Optimize Your Lifestyle and Environment 147
7. The Pregnancy Nutrition Program: What, How Much, How Often 177
P a r t 3 The “Fourth Trimester” 193
8. Breast-Feeding Your Baby 195
9. Sleep, Stress, and Physical Activity 212
P a r t 4 Recipes, Shopping List, and Supplements 225
10. Dr. Steve’s Favorite Recipes 227
11. Your SuperFoods Shopping List 251
12. Dr. Steve’s Favorite Supplements for Moms and Dads 264
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Heey its me harper. If this helps pleeeeeze tell me cuz i might get a carreer posting a advice column. Any way time for your problems not mine. So i think he either 1 likes u 2 was staring off into space cuz he was so bored out of his dang skull. 3 saw a humongess booger hanging out of ur nose.4 lies the person sittin next to ya. Dude i am soooo hoping its number 1. Start talking to him and if hes staring at you constanly even when youve checked to make sure that boogers gone, dude im pretty sure he likes u. Good luck!! - Harper.
I think he is either curious of likes you. Personally, i dont like anyone and no one likes me, but i know A LOT about boys. Probably comes with having more friends who are boys than girls and having a twin brother....... anyway, if you want to get scientific, then while you are talking to him, he will want to fix his appreance if he likes you. For example: Pull up his sock, adjust his shirt, etc. But yeah. I think he likes you.