Classics for Your Collection:
Fourteen Lessons on Metaphysical Aspect of Christianity
In this book Talks on Truth, Charles Fillmore talks, discusses, and presents fourteen enlightening and engaging talks on a variety of issues and themes about the metaphysical aspects of Christianity.
The book provides a basic and a new and different viewpoint from which we can see Christianity, as opposed to the traditional one we have been accustomed to.
The Fourteen Talks Are:
1. Reform Your God Thought
3. The I AM in Its Kingdom
4. How Shall the Dead Be Raised?
5. The Development of Divine Love
6. The Ministry of the Word
7. Ye Must Be Born Again
9. The Church of Christ
10. The Lord's Body
11. The Restoration of God's Kingdom
12. The Holy Spirit
13. Attaining Eternal Life
14. Jesus Christ's Atonement
The book also contains a "questions" chapter (discussion questions) connected with the chapters, given at the end.
Some Insights From the Book:
1. "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" are the inherent birthright of every one of us. We exist to that end, and by our constant effort to attain perpetual joy we recognize it as our natural state.
2. That man has wandered away from and lost consciousness of his wisdom sphere, is claimed by all ancient teachers of inner truths. The banishment of Adam from the Garden of Eden is an allegory based upon this truth, and the four Gospels reiterate again and again that the mission of Jesus of Nazareth was to find that which was lost; not that the real man is lost or in condemnation, but the I, the man identity, has gone "into another country" and is lost to his spiritual consciousness.
3. Analyze your surroundings and see whether they are not based upon the perception of the five senses. You swing in your little orbit of family ties. You believe that you were born into the world through a chain of fleshly ancestors to whom you are bound by a filial love that to your present understanding is inviolable. Yet He who passed from the flesh consciousness into the Spirit looked back and said: "Call no man your father on the earth: for one is your Father, even he who is in heaven."
4. The mind of man is like a clear stream that flows from some lofty mountain. It has nothing at its point of origin to corrupt or to distort it, but as it flows out into the plain of experience, it meets the obstruction of doubt and fear.
5. God never performs miracles, if by miracle is meant a departure from universal law. Whatever the prophets did was done by the operation of laws inherent in Being and open to the discovery of every man.
6. The inner intelligence is able to reconstruct the body; the elements for rebuilding are around us and in us. All conditions join to make possible the development of an immortal structure that shall express man in his true nature.
7. All things are possible to them that believe in the power of God within, waiting to be made manifest at their word. Then send forth that word and say to every sleeping belief of sense: "Lazarus, come forth."
Scroll Up and Get Your Copy!
Other Books by Charles Fillmore
1. The Twelve Powers of Man by Charles Fillmore
2. Atom-Smashing Power of Mind by Charles Fillmore
3. Christian Healing: The Science of Being by Charles Fillmore
4. Teach Us to Pray
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.19(d)|
About the Author
He became known as an American mystic for his contributions to spiritualist interpretations of biblical Scripture.
In 1889, Charles and Myrtle began publication of a new periodical, 'Modern Thought', notable among other things as the first publication to accept for publication the writings of the then 27-year-old New Thought pioneer William Walker Atkinson.
In 1890 they announced a prayer group that would later be called 'Silent Unity'.
In 1891, Fillmore's 'Unity' magazine was first published.
Although Charles had no intention of making Unity into a denomination, his students wanted a more organized group. He and his wife were among the first ordained Unity ministers in 1906. Charles and Myrtle Fillmore operated the Unity organizations from a campus near downtown Kansas City