Art mirrors our inner state in ways that are meaningful and mysterious. Creativity is central to feeling alive.
Nancy Hillis, M.D.
Are you an artist tired of feeling blocked from expressing onto the canvas the art that lives deep within you?
It's later than you think.
You don’t want to come to your final moments regretting your un-lived dreams.
You’ve got paintings inside you waiting to be expressed.
You know that, while you could keep repeating what’s worked before in your art, this is a kind of soul death.
You want to experiment, take risks and explore your deepest self expression.
You want to wrestle down your self doubts and inner criticism and finally create the paintings of your dreams- paintings that wow and astonish you.
You want to express YOU in your art.
You don't want to play it safe anymore.
The worst thing you could do as an artist is to avoid experimentation.
Art is about exploring wonder and the unknown, the terra incognita of the soul.
Painting is a mirror. It brings up everything, especially fear and yearning.
Slay self doubt and say YES to your artist's journey.
Overcome your fears to live your deepest life.
Explore, experiment and create the art of your dreams on your inner journey of creation and self expression.
Paint with confidence and finally express YOU in your art.
Have you always dreamed of being an artist?
Why put off following your dreams?
Are you ready to set out on a journey of self-discovery? To develop strength, clarity, and skill as an artist?
The time to create your art is NOW.
Whether you dream of loosening up and exploring creativity, expressing yourself, healing and becoming whole, experimenting with paints, colors, and techniques, or surprising yourself with your art-
The Artist’s Journey is your step-by-step guide to bold self-expression.
The Artist's Journey teaches you how
- one mindset shift will transform your experience of creating art
- one secret studio practice will ignite your creativity
- two technical game changers will take your art to the next level
- one concept will help you create your deepest, most personal art
The Artist's Journey written by artist, author and Stanford trained existential psychiatrist Nancy Hillis, M.D. is an inspirational exhortation with psychological and philosophical underpinnings, to move you closer and closer to your deepest self expression in your art and life.
If you want a comprehensive, clearly explained, psychologically sophisticated map and self-help guidebook for your creative self-expression, start here with The Artist's Journey.
Start your journey of self expression today.
Say YES to finally expressing your deepest art, art that expresses you.
Invest in YOU. Grab the book and devour it as if your creative life depends upon it.
Scroll up and order the book.
About the Author
Table of Contents
SECTION I OVERTURE: PREPARING FOR YOUR JOURNEY
1. Preparing for Your Artist’s Journey 1
2. The Holy Grail of Creating 15
3. Cultivating Your Studio Practice 23
4. Why Your “Why” Matters 27
5. Painting Is a Mirror 35
SECTION II EMBARKING ON THE JOURNEY
6. The Essential Mystery of Creation 47
7. The Cathedral of Creation 63
8. Composition: Searching and Finding Your Way 69
9. The Dark Night of The Soul 77
10. The Value of Values: Create What You Love 83
SECTION III RETURNING HOME: THE TRANSFORMATION OF
TRUSTING YOURSELF ON YOUR JOURNEY
11. The Transcendent Power of Art 91
12. Trust Meets Practice: Stories 97
13. Abstract Art: The Intersection of Knowing and Not Knowing 103
SECTION IV CODA: YOUR JOURNEY IS THE WAY
14. Taking the Plunge 111
15. The Journey of Self-Expression 117