Do what you love and make money!
The Designer's Guide to Marketing and Pricing will answer all the common questions asked by designers trying to stay afloat in their creative business - and also successful designers who want to put a little more thought into their operations. Whether you're a freelancer, an aspiring entrepreneur or a seasoned small-business owner, you'll learn everything you need to know about how to market and price your services.
This book shows you how to:
- learn which marketing tools are most effective and how to use them
- create a smart marketing plan that reflects your financial goals
- plan small actionable steps to take in reaching those financial goals
- determine who your ideal clients are and establish contact with them
- turn that initial contact into a profitable relationship for both of you
- talk to clients about money and the design process - without fear
- figure out a fair hourly rate and give an accurate estimate for a project
You'll learn the ins and outs of creating and running a creative services business - the things they never taught you in school. Plus, there are useful worksheets throughout the book, so you can apply the principles and formulas to your own circumstances and create a workable business plan right away.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
A marketing consultant to creatives since 1988, Ilise Benun partnered with designer Peleg Top in 2004 to create Marketing Mentor, a company dedicated to teaching self-employed creatives how to market their work. Benun's marketing articles have been featured in national publications such as The New York Times, The Globe and Mail, The Journal News, The Denver Post, Inc. Magazine, Self, Essence, and Working Woman.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Good foundation for the Design industry and the entrepreneur. I really enjoyed the information on pricing. Very easy to understand, and very important to understand from a designer standpoint. Very good worksheets to track your efforts. I recommend.