What do Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Marissa Mayer, and Bill Gates all have in common outside of being wildly successful? They are all introverts.
In today's fast-paced, unstable workplace achieving success requires speaking up, promoting oneself and one's ideas, and taking initiative. Extroverts, fearless in tooting their own horns, naturally thrive in this environment, but introverts often stumble. If you question your ability to perform and succeed in this extroverted work culture, The Introvert's Complete Career Guide is custom fit for you.
In this supportive, all-inclusive handbook, Jane Finkle demonstrates how to use your introverted qualities to their best advantage, then add a sprinkling of extroverted skills to round out a forceful combination for ultimate career success. Finkle shares the keys to navigating each stage of professional development--from self-assessment and job searching, to survival in a new position and career advancement.
In The Introvert's Complete Career Guide you will learn to:
- Build confidence by evaluating your values, personality style, interests, and achievements
- Write the story of your career in resume and LinkedIn formats
- Use social media at your own comfort level to promote your career and expand your network
- Express yourself clearly and confidently in network meetings, interviews, and workplace situations
- Build strong professional relationships with colleagues and senior leaders
- Overcome fears that prevent you from embracing new challenges
Equally applicable to the real or virtual workplace, The Introvert's Complete Career Guide provides strategies, tools, and success stories that win you the professional respect and recognition you deserve.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Jane Finkle has 25 years of experience as a career coach for universities and has run her own career counseling firm since 2002. She also created and led the Wharton Career Discovery seminar, a program still offered today. Finkle has written a weekly column, "Career Blueprints", for Abington Patch and has been published in the Huffington Post and Adirondack Life. She resides in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.