- Want it by Tuesday, October 23? Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Exposes the truth about common investing myths andmisconceptions and shows you how the truth shall set youfree—to reap greater long-term and short-term gains
Everybody knows that a strong dollar equals a strong economy,bonds are safer than stocks, gold is a safe investment and thathigh PEs signal high risk...right? While such "common-sense" rulesof thumb may work for a time as investment strategies, as NewYork Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author,Ken Fisher, vividly demonstrates in this wise, informative, whollyentertaining new book, they'll always let you down in the long run.Ken exposes some of the most common—and deadly—mythsinvestors swear by, and he demonstrates why the rules-of-thumbapproach to investing may be robbing you of the kinds returns youhope for.
- Dubbed by Investment Advisor magazine one of the 30 mostinfluential individuals of the last three decades, Fisher isChairman, and CEO of a global money management firm with over $32billion under management
- Fisher's Forbes column, "Portfolio Strategy," has beenan extremely popular fixture in Forbes for more than a quartercentury thanks to his many high-profile calls
- Brings together the best "bunks" by Wall Street's MasterDebunker in a fun, easy-to-digest, bite-size format
- More than just a list of myths, Fisher meticulously explains ofwhy each commonly held belief or strategy is dead wrong and howdamaging it can be to your financial health
- Armed with this book, investors can immediately identify majorerrors they may be committing and adjust their strategies forgreater investing success
About the Author
KEN FISHER is best known for his prestigious "Portfolio Strategy" column in Forbes magazine, where his over 28-year tenure of high-profile calls makes him the fourth longest-running columnist in Forbes's 90-plus-year history. He is the founder, Chairman and CEO of Fisher Investments, an independent global money management firm managing tens of billions for individuals and institutions globally. Fisher is ranked #271 on the 2012 Forbes 400 list of richest Americans and #764 on the 2012 Forbes Global Billionaire list. In 2010, Investment Advisor magazine named him among the 30 most influential individuals of the last three decades. Fisher has authored numerous professional and scholarly articles, including the award-winning "Cognitive Biases in Market Forecasting." He has also published nine previous books, including national bestsellers The Only Three Questions That Count, The Ten Roads to Riches, How to Smell a Rat, Debunkery and Markets Never Forget (But People Do), all published by Wiley. Fisher has been published, interviewed and/or written about in many major American, British and German finance or business periodicals. He has a weekly column in Focus Money, Germany's leading weekly finance and business magazine.
LARA HOFFMANS is Vice President of Content at Fisher Investments, managing editor of MarketMinder.com, a regular contributor to Forbes.com and coauthor of the bestsellers, The Only Three Questions That Count, The Ten Roads to Riches, How to Smell a Rat, Debunkery and Markets Never Forget (But People Do).
Table of Contents
Chapter One Bonds Are Safer Than Stocks 1
Chapter Two Asset Allocation Short-Cuts 17
Chapter Three Volatility and Only Volatility 27
Chapter Four More Volatile Than Ever 37
Chapter Five The Holy Grail—Capital Preservation andGrowth 49
Chapter Six The GDP–Stock Mismatch Crash 55
Chapter Seven 10% Forever! 67
Chapter Eight High Dividends for Sure Income 75
Chapter Nine The Perma-Superiority of Small-Cap Value 83
Chapter Ten Wait Until You’re Sure 93
Chapter Eleven Stop-Losses Stop Losses 105
Chapter Twelve High Unemployment Kills Stocks 113
Chapter Thirteen Over-Indebted America 131
Chapter Fourteen Strong Dollar, Strong Stocks 153
Chapter Fifteen Turmoil Troubles Stocks 161
Chapter Sixteen News You Can Use 171
Chapter Seventeen Too Good to Be True 181
About the Authors 205