Unlock your musicianship with the power of note reading.
Complete your knowledge of the fretboard with The Missing Method Book 5!
The fifth and final book in this series is your step-by-step guide for learning how to read guitar music in the highest region of the neck: frets 12-20! With this book, you will finally be able to read guitar music anywhere on the neck and in any key.
Guided Instruction on Your Schedule
Over the last 20 years, Christian J. Triola has taught hundreds of students to play guitar. With a Master's Degree in Education and a Bachelor's Degree in Music (Jazz Studies), he has used this knowledge and experience to create a focused note reading series that gives you plenty to practice without making you feel overwhelmed or intimidated. And in the end, you'll be a better musician for it.
What You'll Learn in Book 5:
- How to read and play notes in twelfth position (Frets 12-15)
- How to read and play notes using the 8va symbol
- How to read and play notes from frets 17 to 20
- Reading in minor keys, including relative minor, melodic, harmonic, and jazz-melodic minor in both of these positions
- More exercises to solidify your rhythm skills
- How to practice and play in every key from frets 12-20
- A review of open, fifth, ninth, third, and seventh positions
- Practice changing keys within a song
- Streaming audio files so you can hear each exercise and song
No other method book teaches you how to read guitar music in the upper register. It's often assumed you'll just sort of learn it on your own. The trouble is that there is little guidance out there to help you do that well, until now! This book focuses on learning to read standard guitar notation from fret 12 to 20, and like all Missing Method for Guitar Books, it includes tons of practice songs, examples, clear explanations, and exercises to help you master the highest notes on the guitar.
Use this book in conjunction with other method books, by itself, with a teacher, or on your own.
Get started today
Join the legions of guitar players who've already started reading standard notation with The Missing Method! Scroll up to order your copy and start mastering your instrument today!
Not sure you're ready to take on the highest notes of the guitar? Then be sure to check out our other books in The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series! You can learn everything from the basics of reading guitar music to how to read anywhere on the neck with relative ease. Or move on from note reading and start to master your chords with Guitar Chord Master!
Other Missing Method Books in this series:
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 1: Learn to read frets 0-4
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 2: Learn to read frets 5-9
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 4: Learn cross over positions
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 5: Learn frets 12-22
More Missing Method Books:
- The Guitar Chord Master Series: Learn open chords (level 1), how to use a capo (level 2), and power chords (level 3)!
- Technique Master Series: Learn basic fret-hand technique with Technique Master and learn the pentatonic scale with Pentatonic Master!