Theory and Practice of Histological Techniques / Edition 6 available in Hardcover
- Contributions from almost 30 expert contributors involved in teaching, research and practice provide a well-rounded perspective.
- Extensive summary tables, charts and boxes make reference easy
- Color photomicrographs provide visual guidance on the latest techniques.
- Expanded coverage of immunohistochemistry helps you make optimal use of this crucial approach.
- New coverage of molecular genetics as it applies to histopathological diagnoses.
- 5 brand new chapters on Ergonomics, Laser Capture, Tissue Microarray, GrossingTechniques, and Genetics keep you up to speed on the latest techniques.
- New material on Quality Assurance and Audit facilitates day-to-day laboratory management.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.80(h) x 1.80(d)|
About the Author
Formerly Pathology Directorate and Business Manager, Queen's Medical Center, Nottingham, UK
Formerly Quality Assurance Co-ordinator, Cellular Pathology Services, Kaiser Permanente Regional Reference Laboratories, North Hollywood, CA, USA
Table of ContentsManaging the Laboratory
Safety in the Laboratory
Fixation of Tissues
The Gross Room/Surgical Cutup
Microtomy: Paraffin and Frozen
How do Histological Stains Work?
The Hematoxylins and Eosin
Connective Tissues and Stains
Proteins and Nucleic Acids
Pigments and MInerals
The Dispersed Neuroendocrine System, Cytoplasmic Granules, and other Organelles
Techniques in Neuropathology
Enzyme Histochemistry and its Diagnostic Applications
Immunohistochemistry Quality Control
Immunohistochemistry Applications in Pathology
Molecular Pathology--In Sits Hybridization
Genetic Testing: Utilization of Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
Plastic Embedding for Light Microscopy
Quantitative Data from Microscopic Specimens