Three Coins in a Fountain. Roman Holiday. Eat, Pray, Love. In many of the greatest movies ever made, the biggest star was Italy itself. Where Did They Film That? Italy is a unique travel guide that invites the reader to explore the beauty and cultural riches of Italy through the universal language of cinema.
Where Did They Film That? Italy shows readers where to find the exact locations where many of the most famous movies set in Italy were filmed — plus nearby attractions, museums, restaurants, shops, and must-experience slices of Italian life. The beautiful and historic sites immortalized in great films are the reader’s keys to experiencing the best in Italian travel, art, dining, and living.
“Where Did They Film That?: Italy” gives readers in-depth knowledge of the behind-the-scenes details of great films by placing their locations within the full context of their history and meaning to Italian culture. Written by beloved Italian popera singer and television personality Romina Arena, Where Did They Film That? Italy presents an intelligent and personal appreciation of Italian life and culture from a native Italian’s viewpoint. Where Did They Film That? Italy is a unique combination of travel guide, film history, and cultural study.
No other book can match the mix of expert travel guidance, movie trivia, cultural knowledge, and charmingly personal idiosyncracy of Where Did They Film That? Italy.
An irresistible combination of film history, travel guide, and the zest and seductiveness of la dolce vita, Where Did They Film That? Italy is a new kind of travel guide that will turn Americans’ love of movies to a love of travel and new experiences.
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Table of Contents1) Welcome to my country, Italy
2) The top ten things and tips you need to know, before you go to Italy!
3) A broader look into the Italian experience
4) Italy, the Land of Romance
5) Italian iconic figures, movies and impossible loves!
6) The Holidays in Italy!
7) Milan, Lake Como, and Verona
8) Let’s explore Northern Italy…and James Bond!
9) Rome, the Mother of Italy and Home of Great Movies
11) Sicily,the Hawaii of Italy
12) The Ancient World of Venice and the extraordinary movies filmed there
12) Tuscany and Umbria, the Heart of Italy