Write to Influence!
Personnel Appraisals, Resumes, Awards, Grants, Scholarships, Internships, Reports, Bid Proposals, Web Pages, Marketing, and More
Powerful writing changes lives!
You may be the best candidate -- hands down -- but if the competition is better at telling a story, you lose.Powerful writing correlates directly to success, personal and professional.
With this book you will learn to:
• Write to win. Make each word count and every second of the reader's time play to your advantage
• Know your audience and frame the message. Critical to messaging
• Banish bureaucratic blather. Infuse products with clarity, precision, and focus
• Generate a resume that stands out ... for the right reasons
• Retain and develop talented people. Compose powerful, effective performance appraisals to advance deserving individuals
• Compose competitive submissions for contracts, grants, government requests for proposals, etc. Convince the reader you … not someone else … deserve this opportunity
• Defend your castle/expand your empire. Make a hard-hitting case to retain or acquire resources
• Create audience-friendly briefings. Find tips on text, graphics, and the delivery
• Craft effective email … polished, succinct, and likely to be read
• Nail the essay for college applications. Frame an attention-grabbing essay from the opening line to its conclusion
• Avoid the Dirty Dozen. Discover the most common errors in professional correspondence
Attention employers! Write to Influence! is perfect for your staff! Have you read a paragraph in a report again and again ... unable to understand it? Bureaucratic blather is time consuming, frustrating, counterproductive, and the bane of today's business communication.
Accurate, clear, and concise writing is the lifeblood for successful organizations ... private business; corporations; NGOs; government agencies; and the military, in particular.
Apply this book to also:
• Compete in large-scale award programs. Win accolades and recognition for your organization and people
• Broadcast good news. Trumpet success via articles, blogs, press releases, newsletters, marking products, etc.
• Extend your influence. Persuade others to support your endeavor, policy, or project. Ally with like-minded organizations – leverage their connections in a common cause
• Maintain a robust web presence. Leverage each space above the fold to grab and keep the reader’s attention!
• Work the occasional miracle “They” say, “It can’t be done.” Prove them wrong! Make that influential case, Write to Influence!
Choose Write to Influence! when persuasive writing is paramount to your goals.
|Publisher:||Price World Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.77(d)|
About the Author
Throughout her career, Carla wrote hundreds of personnel reviews, award nominations and other competitive packages, talking points, and letters for executive signature. She still composes products sent to the White House and Congress. Carla worked directly with generals, ambassadors, foreign dignitaries, and other senior leaders for whom five minutes was significant. In all instances, each word and every second of their time counted.
Carla once transformed her 480-person Air Force unit -- the most losing in the state for professional awards -- into the one to beat. Talented troops were not recognized because supervisors couldn't compose compelling nominations. So, she analyzed her own writing and created a methodology to share it, composed a handbook, developed a workshop, and taught her troops to write ... well!
Carla subsequently taught powerful writing to thousands of Air Force members for the next 15 years - to rave reviews. She still receives personal testimonials about her workshops, Because of your handbook and workshop, I was able to ... The stories are in equal measure amazing and gratifying.
Carla now teaches interactive, engaging workshops to audiences ranging from professionals in the workplace to high school students - still to rave reviews. She is also an adjunct instructor for the National Intelligence University.
Carla's battle cry is, Powerful writing changes lives! Why? It often tips the balance between success and failure. She quickly adds, It's also the lifeblood for successful business! Her clients ... government agencies, corporations, and NGOs ... definitely agree!
She is passionate about helping people to help themselves by writing with clarity, focus, and precision. Carla summarizes her message in a single sentence, Powerful writing opens doors to opportunity, personal and professional. Simple as that!
Carla and Lynn Reeves, her husband of 30+ years, live in the Virginia countryside with their beloved cocker spaniel, Cash. They have two adult children, Sarah and Eric, happily pursuing their own life adventures.