'Do you wish at times that you could have a more fulfilled, aligned life at a higher level of satisfaction? Are you, like Humpty, 'sitting on the wall', mostly content with your life and career, but not wanting to push the boundaries of your comfort zone too hard? Deep down do you yearn for something different? Or is the fear of change greater than the fear of staying the same? If so, have you decided not to challenge the status quo and to let life roll on the same way?
If you are at this point in your life, often it is that the universe, God or a higher power, whatever you understand that to be, has a way of dealing with us. Some of us just need a prod or push, but others need a Mack Truck. You may have not only hit the wall but have 'had a great fall'. And when you hit rock bottom you feel shattered, broken and in pieces.
At this point most of us rely on 'all the king's horses and all the king's men' to help us to recover and to 'put us together again'. We rely on the medical system, including psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, and general practitioners, as well as medication to magically 'heal' us, thereby transforming our brokenness to wholeness.
Despite the good care medical specialists provide and the love and support of family and friends, ultimately, we have to do the work ourselves. Maybe 'Humpty' has to fall in order to 'rise again' with a renewed mind.
Dr Gifford's book, Broken to Whole: How to put Humpty together again, draws on his own experience and describes how Humpty can be put together again, piece by piece, and how to create a new, whole, eternally transformed being. Some of these strategies include:
• How to find your Purpose and learning to meaningfully live it as a constant presence.
• Living life from a new paradigm when your old one has failed and run its course - often resulting in anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress.
• Learning deep down who You really are and how that unlocks the one big choice of life.
• How having a growth mindset and learning how to expertly set goals for growth are pivotal in the journey from broken to whole.
• Understanding and successfully dealing with our conditioned thinking patterns and outdated stories that frequently negatively impact our lives and which usually result in self-sabotage.
• Learning about procrastination, why we procrastinate and how to overcome procrastination.
• Understanding why many of us 'have a great fall' and learning how to handle stress, depression and anxiety.
• How developing Emotional Intelligence is such an important factor in our journey to wholeness, significance and success.
This highly practical and radical self-transformation book explains how to turn tragedy into triumph and is for anyone seeking to find ultimate purpose, fulfilment and meaning in life in the midst of a fractured world.