Build a high-end multiplayer RPG from scratch by leveraging the power of the new Unity 2018About This Book
- Implement multiplayer features for an RPG using Unity 2018
- Deep dive into Unity's UI system and build user interfaces for your RPG.
- Implement AI in your game to build intelligent entities that take your game to the next level.
This book is intended for programmers interested in developing and further enhancing their skills in the development of role playing games in Unity 2018. This book is not for the beginner and it will not teach you the basics of Unity and or programming.What You Will Learn
- Construct a framework for inventory, equipment, characters, enemies, quests, and game events
- See how to load and unload scenes and assets
- Create multiplayer game settings for our RPG
- Design a UI for user input and feedback
- Implement AI for non-character players
- Customize your character at runtime
A role-playing game(RPG) is an amusement in which every member accepts the part of a character, for the most part in a dream or sci-fi setting, that can associate inside the game's imaginary universe. Unity is a top(de-facto) choice for developers when creating these immersive RPGs.
This comprehensive guide on building some of the most common features for an RPG with Unity teaches you techniques used in developing modern games - the tips, tricks, and techniques can be applied to your own role RPG.
We begin with an introduction to the fundamentals of RPG games. Moving further, you will learn the necessary parts of building an RPG, such as structuring the game environment, customizing characters, controlling the camera, and designing other attributes like inventory, weapons, and so on. We also cover designing levels of the game by adding more features. You will also learn how to get around the obstacle of networking in Unity and be able to implement Multiplayer mode for your RPG games.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build upon the core RPG framework elements to create your own game experience.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.76(d)|
About the Author
Vahé Karamian is a software consultant and author based in Los Angeles, CA. He has provided software development services to some of the top pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device manufacturing companies in the world. He is the founder of Noorcon Inc. a small software consulting firm in Burbank, CA, that provides services in the field of augmented reality and virtual reality.
He has been developing Unity based applications since 2010 when he came across the engine while searching for a good game engine. He is the founder of Granada Hills Unity User Group and actively works with the user community to educate new developers.
Vahé holds a master's degree in computer science, and when time permits, he lectures the following topics: Introduction to Computer Science, Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, and Game Design and Development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- What is an RPG?
- Planning the Game
- RPG Character Design
- The Game Mechanics
- Game Master and Game Mechanics
- Building an Inventory System
- Heads Up Display and UI Design
- Multiplayer and Networking