In Business in Blue Jeans: How to Have a Successful Business on Your Own Terms, in Your Own Style, you'll learn how to create and grow a business that works for you. More than just a "how to" guide, Business in Blue Jeans, contains actionable, practical that show you how to:
- Break through the "brain junk" that's been getting in your way to starting a business.
- Develop a business idea (or hone the one you already have) with real potential for success.
- Package your idea to attract the people who want what you have to offer and will pay for it.
- Become visible to your potential customers and clients so that they think of you first.
- Stand head and shoulders above your competitors without spending an extra dime.
- Build a community and network that includes the support and the connections you need, drawing people in instead of pushing them away.
- Hire, train, and manage a team as your business grows so that it's never out of control (and so you can hit the beach!).
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||2 MB|
|Age Range:||3 Months to 18 Years|
About the Author
Table of Contents
- You Are Not Alone
- There Is No “Get Rich Quick” in Business
- It’s Never Too Late
- It Doesn’t Matter Where You Are Right Now
- “Wait…business fundamentals? Pfft! I need advanced help!”
- My Style, My Way vs. Your Style, Your Way
- What You Can Expect
- Brain Junk
- The One Factor I Can’t Account For
- Don’t Skip This Stuff!
- “Grasshopper Mode”
- The Mindset Factor
- What’s Wrong With Being a Dreamer?
- What Comes Next
- The Voices in Your Head
- Replacing Negative Thoughts
- Other Tools and Strategies
- Creating the Success Mindset
- Planning Your “Whys”
- Authenticity and Your Real Story
- The Big Stretch
- Finding “Your Happy Place”
- When It’s Time to Find Help
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Time Management
- Your Work Ethic
- Your Money Mindset
- The Fire
- Why Fire Matters
- Two Sources of the Fire
- Why You Need Both the Heart and the Glow
- The Heart
- The Glow
- A Note on Purpose
- The Extinguishers
- The Kitchen Sink
- No Fire
- The Ember Challenge
- The Fire, Properly Channeled
- What Is Expertise?
- Why Does Expertise Matter?
- Your Business
- What If You Don’t Have Expertise?
- Discovering Your Expertise
- When It’s Okay Not to Have Expertise
- Developing Your Expertise
- The Interplay
- The Weirdness
- Packaging the Sweet Spot Into a Business
- Getting Your Ducks in a Row
- Writing Your Mission Statement
- Drawing Lines in the Sand
- Be Prepared
- Your Target Market
- Analyzing Your Peers
- Product and Service Offerings
- Your Business Model
- Delivering Products and Services
- Turn Your Industry on Its Ear
- Packaging Your Sweet Spot Into a Brand
- What the Heck Is “Branding” Anyway?
- Why Does Branding Matter to My Small Business?
- Creating (or Revamping) the Brand Identity
- Styling the Brand
- Leaning Into Your Marketing
- What Is Marketing?
- Creating a Marketing Plan
- Leaning In: The Philosophy
- The Big Mistakes in Marketing
- Ignoring Your Audience
- The Keys to Leaning Into Your Marketing
- Educating Your Target Market
- Marketing with Conscience
- The Container Store
- Whole Foods
- When to Market With Conscience
- Extraordinary Customer Experiences
- How to Create an Extraordinary Customer Experience
- The Village
- Who You Need in Your Village
- A Few More Words
- Join the Business in Blue Jeans Community
What People are Saying About This
This is the best little "how-to" book for starting and running a small business I've come across. Don't even think about going into business without it. And if you are already in business, this book is a must-read."
Larry Winget, television personality and 5 time bestselling author, including the #1 bestseller: Shut Up, Stop Whining and Get A Life
I thought I knew the basics of being a small business owner and I needed some advanced tactics to grow my business. Wow! I thought wrong! Susan Baroncini-Moe's Business in Blue Jeans takes the basics of small business and takes them to a whole new level, with insights to take MY business to a whole new level. Jam-packed with proven usable insights, this book will fast become a staple of small business owners everywhere!
Phil Gerbyshak, Chief Connections Officer, Milwaukee Social Media and author of 4 books and more than 2500 articles focused on small business tips and tricks
With expert guidance from Susan Baroncini-Moe and her thought-provoking exercises, I moved through a lot of "brain junk" like self-doubt, fear of failure, and self judgment. I was able to finally begin paying attention to my own voice and discover my true ideas about the kind of career and lifestyle I want.
Best of all, with Susan's help, I'm on a path to create a viable business doing what I love, and I've never been more excited about my future! If you've ever wanted to do more, be more, or create more, Business in Blue Jeans will help you do it.
Brande Plotnick, Tomato Envy
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Starting Out or Growing Your Entrepreneurial Dreams – The Path to Success “Business in Blue Jeans – How to Have a Successful Business on Your Own Terms, and in Your Own Style” is written for entrepreneur’s setting out on an adventure of starting up or running a small business. Business and marketing coach Susan Baroncini-Moe provides the tools for readers to pursue their dreams, and to become successful. Baroncini-Moe offers keen insight, relevant advice, attainable goals, pertaining to practical business principles, combined with tools for designing marketing strategies, implementing branding, and suggestions for working through “brain junk.” Susan’s writing is transformative. It is important that the reader complete the homework assignments to receive the greatest benefit from their reading. These are designed to be done as independent exercises. From the table of contents right through to the end notes and index, the material is well organized and formatted for ease in reading, assimilating, and for future reference and study. “Business in Blue Jeans – How to Have a Successful Business on Your Own Terms, in Your Own Style” will resonate with newbies, those moving into startup companies, and for existing business owners seeking coaching for growing their company. It is must reading for: revolutionaries with a dream to start and succeed in their own business. A copy of this book was provided for review purposes. The opinions expressed are my own.