Business Plans For Dummies 2nd Edition contains new and updated information on:
Determining Where You Want to Go
- Starting Your Business Plan
- Charting the Proper Course
- Setting Off in the Right Direction
Sizing Up Your Marketplace
- Checking Out the Business Environment
- Taking a Closer Look at Customers
- Dividing Customers into Groups
- Scoping Out Your Competition
Weighing Your Company’s Prospects
- Establishing Your Starting Position
- Focusing On What You Do Best
- Figuring Out Financials
- Forecasting and Budgeting
Looking to the Future
- Preparing for Change
- Thinking Strategically
- Managing More Than One Product
A Planner’s Toolkit
- Making Your Business Plan Work
- Learning from Others: A Sample Business Plan
The Part of Tens
- Ten Questions to Ask About Your Plan
- Top Ten Business-Planning Never-Evers
- Ten of the Best-Planned Organisations Around
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||6 MB|
About the Author
Steven Peterson is the founder of Home Planet Technologies, a management training company.
Colin Barrow is Head of the Enterprise Group at Cranfield School of Management and the bestselling author of Starting a Business For Dummies.
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
Part I: Determining Where You Want to Go.
Chapter 1: Starting Your Business Plan.
Chapter 2: Charting the Proper Course.
Chapter 3: Setting Off in the Right Direction.
Part II: Sizing Up Your Marketplace.
Chapter 4: Checking Out the Business Environment.
Chapter 5: Taking a Closer Look at Customers.
Chapter 6: Dividing Customers into Groups.
Chapter 7: Scoping Out Your Competition.
Part III: Weighing Your Company's Prospects.
Chapter 8: Establishing Your Starting Position.
Chapter 9: Focusing On What You Do Best.
Chapter 10: Figuring Out Financials.
Chapter 11: Forecasting and Budgeting.
Part IV: Looking to the Future.
Chapter 12: Preparing for Change.
Chapter 13: Thinking Strategically.
Chapter 14: Managing More than One Product.
Part V: A Planner's Toolkit.
Chapter 15: Planning in Turbulent Economic Times.
Chapter 16: Making Your Business Plan Work.
Chapter 17: Learning from Others: A Sample Business Plan.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Ten Questions to Ask About Your Plan.
Chapter 19: Top Ten Business-Planning Never-Evers.
Appendix: Glossary of Business and Accounting Terms.