Understand, design, and create cognitive applications using Watson’s suite of APIs.Key Features
- Develop your skills and work with IBM Watson APIs to build efficient and powerful cognitive apps
- Learn how to build smart apps to carry out different sets of activities using real-world use cases
- Get well versed with the best practices of IBM Watson and implement them in your daily work
Cognitive computing is rapidly infusing every aspect of our lives riding on three important fields: data science, machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI). It allows computing systems to learn and keep on improving as the amount of data in the system grows.
This book introduces readers to a whole new paradigm of computing – a paradigm that is totally different from the conventional computing of the Information Age. You will learn the concepts of ML, deep learning (DL), neural networks, and AI through the set of APIs provided by IBM Watson. This book will help you build your own applications to understand, plan, and solve problems, and analyze them as per your needs. You will learn about various domains of cognitive computing, such as NLP, voice processing, computer vision, emotion analytics, and conversational systems, using different IBM Watson APIs.
From this, the reader will learn what ML is, and what goes on in the background to make computers "do their magic," as well as where these concepts have been applied. Having achieved this, the readers will then be able to embark on their journey of learning, researching, and applying the concept in their respective fields.What you will learn
- Get well versed with the APIs provided by IBM Watson on IBM Cloud
- Learn ML, AI, cognitive computing, and neural network principles
- Implement smart applications in fields such as healthcare, entertainment, security, and more
- Understand unstructured content using cognitive metadata with the help of Natural Language Understanding
- Use Watson’s APIs to create real-life applications to realize their capabilities
- Delve into various domains of cognitive computing, such as media analytics, embedded deep learning, computer vision, and more
This book is for beginners and novices; having some knowledge about artificial intelligence and deep learning is an advantage, but not a prerequisite to benefit from this book. We explain the concept of deep learning and artificial intelligence through the set of tools IBM Watson provides.