Build applications and infrastructures that leverage Function-as-a-Service and Docker
- - Implement containerization in Serverless/FaaS environments
- - Utilize Docker as a functional unit of work for Serverless/FaaS platforms
- - Use Docker as a portable infrastructure for Serverless Applications
Serverless applications have gained a lot of popularity among developers and are currently the buzzwords in the tech market. Docker and serverless are two terms that go hand-in-hand.
This book will start by explaining serverless and Function-as-a-Service (FaaS) concepts, and why they are important. Then, it will introduce the concepts of containerization and how Docker fits into the Serverless ideology. It will explore the architectures and components of three major Docker-based FaaS platforms, how to deploy and how to use their CLI. Then, this book will discuss how to set up and operate a production-grade Docker cluster. We will cover all concepts of FaaS frameworks with practical use cases, followed by deploying and orchestrating these serverless systems using Docker. Finally, we will also explore advanced topics and prototypes for FaaS architectures in the last chapter.
By the end of this book, you will be in a position to build and deploy your own FaaS platform using Docker.
What you will learn
- Learn what Serverless and FaaS applications are
- Get acquainted with the architectures of three major serverless systems
- Explore how Docker technologies can help develop Serverless applications
- Create and maintain FaaS infrastructures
- Set up Docker infrastructures to serve as on-premises FaaS infrastructures
- Define functions for Serverless applications with Docker containers
Who this book is for
If you are a Developer, a Docker Engineer, a DevOps Engineer, or any stakeholder interested in learning the use of Docker on Serverless environments then this book is for you.
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.53(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Serverless and Docker
- Docker and Swarm Cluster
- The Serverless Framework
- OpenFaaS on Docker
- The Fn Project
- OpenWhisk on Docker
- Operating FaaS clusters
- Putting them all together
- Future of Serverless