Angular 5 and .NET Core 2 updates for this book are now available. Follow the Download Source Code link for this book on the Apress website.
Discover Angular, the leading client-side web framework, from the point of view of an ASP.NET Core MVC developer. Best-selling author Adam Freeman brings these two key technologies together and explains how to use ASP.NET Core MVC to provide back-end services for Angular applications. This fast-paced, practical guide starts from the nuts and bolt and gives you the knowledge you need to combine Angular (from version 2.0 up) and ASP.NET Core MVC in your projects.
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a solid understanding of how ASP.NET Core MVC and Angular can work together
- Use Visual Studio 2017 to develop Angular/ASP.NET Core MVC projects
- Create ASP.NET Core RESTful web services to support Angular applications
- Expose data from Entity Framework Core to Angular applications
- Use ASP.NET Core Identity to provide security services to Angular applications
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers with a knowledge of ASP.NET Core MVC who are introducing Angular into their projects.
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Adam Freeman is an experienced IT professional who has held senior positions in a range of companies, most recently serving as chief technology officer and chief operating officer of a global bank. Now retired, he spends his time writing and long-distance running.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Angular and ASP.NET Core MVC
2. Getting Ready
3. Creating the Project
4. Creating the Data Model
5. Creating a Web Service
6. Completing the Web Service
7. Structuring an Angular Application
8. Creating the Store
9. Completing the Angular Store
10. Creating Administration Features
11. Securing the Application
12. Preparing for Deployment